Sign in to follow this  
loondizie52

so cal audio shops

so ive been to nearly every shop in orange county, and a few outside of it still in so cal and they are all a joke. they dont know anything, and push products that are absolute crap, like nitro. they have never heard of any brands such as SSA, FI, IA, TC, DC, AA, and only a few know RE. we on here know what is good and what is crap. and the worst part is that when you try to tell them about these brands they tell you that they are internet junk and have no warranties and downplay you all together. EVEN when you play your system for them thye still say its just ok but kicker CVR's or L7's are better. SO kicker CVR's and L7's are better than anything FI, SSA, DC, IA, etc? haha ok! its just pathetic that southern cali has no shops that even have their head halfway out of their ass. IS THERE EVEN ONE SHOP HERE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING?? so im looking for answers for a decent shop, because these are a disgrace to car audio.

Edited by loondizie52

so ive been to nearly every shop in orange county, and a few outside of it still in so cal and they are all a joke. they dont know anything, and push products that are absolute crap, like nitro. they have never heard of any brands such as SSA, FI, IA, TC, DC, AA, and only a few know RE. we on here know what is good and what is crap. and the worst part is that when you try to tell them about these brands they tell you that they are internet junk and have no warranties and downplay you all together. EVEN when you play your system for them thye still say its just ok but kicker CVR's or L7's are better. SO kicker CVR's and L7's are better than anything FI, SSA, DC, IA, etc? haha ok! its just pathetic that southern cali has no shops that even have their head halfway out of their ass. IS THERE EVEN ONE SHOP HERE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING?? so im looking for answers for a decent shop, because these are a disgrace to car audio.

So what do you want to ask them, just ask us? There are some good ones out there you just gotta to know which ones to go to thats all. Most say stuff like that because they are scared of competition and dont want you to spend your money elsewhere. We already have a topic about this under this one, you could have just put this in there instead of making a new topic.

oh sorry...i dont really want to ask them anything. i just want to work at a decent shop who knows their stuff. i ask stuff i need to know on here already

Yeah some people do work at shops and end up leaving due to their business practices but nowadays it is better to start out of your garage or just be mobile like me. I have hooked up systems in placing you wouldnt even think of, just a start to get better and one day to do it in the big leagues. Good luck with it man.

Yeah some people do work at shops and end up leaving due to their business practices but nowadays it is better to start out of your garage or just be mobile like me. I have hooked up systems in placing you wouldnt even think of, just a start to get better and one day to do it in the big leagues. Good luck with it man.

Exactly!! I've quit audio shops because of business practices and now own my own business operating out of my garage until i can get a store front going.

unfortunatly. not all shops are very well versed in product knowlege, in fact job knowledge in general. but you will find one that suites you.