whats up ssa i have a little problem i have two jl audio amps 500x1 mono there suppose to be hook on each sub i have 2 kicker l7 15 2ohm now my problem is im trying to strap them together i thought i follow all of the directions its just missin something feels like a lack of power now i did have these hook up not to long ago then i switch over to us amps which i love but i had to send one in for repair so i put the jls back in until my us comes back now keep in my mind everything is brand new so i dont know what i hook up wrong i need help bad because i miss my bass so if anyone has diagrams or knows how to hook these up propley i greatly appreciate it. thanks Mr crown

whats up ssa i have a little problem i have two jl audio amps 500x1 mono there suppose to be hook on each sub i have 2 kicker l7 15 2ohm now my problem is im trying to strap them together i thought i follow all of the directions its just missin something feels like a lack of power now i did have these hook up not to long ago then i switch over to us amps which i love but i had to send one in for repair so i put the jls back in until my us comes back now keep in my mind everything is brand new so i dont know what i hook up wrong i need help bad because i miss my bass so if anyone has diagrams or knows how to hook these up propley i greatly appreciate it. thanks Mr crown

There is only one period in there. Thats one big sentence. These suck to read.

There is only one period in there. Thats one big sentence. These suck to read.

x2, I just stop reading it.

Comon guys, I'ma give'em the benifit of the doubt, he is probably not from the US...

OP, where you from???

Allright, did you have them strapped before? Are both drivers in the same box?

alright sorry about the long sentence and yes im from the usa dirty south to be exact. I had a 16 month old girl in my lap at the time that i was writing this and if anyone has kids then you already know. So everything was strap before and its was banging i switched to us amps. I had to send off one of my us amps on fri so i decided to put the jl audios back in. And yes both kicker l7 are in the same box no problem there i cant find my manual so i believe that i have something hook up wrong. It could be the rcas jacks or i might have touched some buttons on the amp all i know it doesn't sound like they did when they were install the first time. S0 if i could get any help i would greatly appericate it whether its a manual or diagram or simple instructions. Thanks for all your help and support Mr crown

alright sorry about the long sentence and yes im from the usa dirty south to be exact. I had a 16 month old girl in my lap at the time that i was writing this and if anyone has kids then you already know. So everything was strap before and its was banging i switched to us amps. I had to send off one of my us amps on fri so i decided to put the jl audios back in. And yes both kicker l7 are in the same box no problem there i cant find my manual so i believe that i have something hook up wrong. It could be the rcas jacks or i might have touched some buttons on the amp all i know it doesn't sound like they did when they were install the first time. S0 if i could get any help i would greatly appericate it whether its a manual or diagram or simple instructions. Thanks for all your help and support Mr crown

Edited by mrcrown89

y not run 1 amp to 1 sub? what is the impedance of the subs?

Also one more things guys on the jl audios i cant figure out which one is the slave and the master thats probably a lot of my problem i think i have touch some buttons and maybe have the rcas wrong. Thanks

y not run 1 amp to 1 sub? what is the impedance of the subs?

[/quote They are running at 2 ohms thats the lowest i can run them also how would i go by running each amp to each sub since it looks like everything was set up to strap them together

ok sri i just re-read ur top post. what do u mean it doesnt sound right? doesnt hit the lows well? doesnt hit the highs well? doesnt hit anything well? i would try adjusting ur settings on ur amps first, and make sure they are set the same. if that doesnt work, try wiring 1 sub per amp.

the amp that the original rca's from the indash are hooked up to is the master i believe.

That master/slave thing is probably your problem. How do you have them strapped?

ok sri i just re-read ur top post. what do u mean it doesnt sound right? doesnt hit the lows well? doesnt hit the highs well? doesnt hit anything well? i would try adjusting ur settings on ur amps first, and make sure they are set the same. if that doesnt work, try wiring 1 sub per amp.

The lows are not hitting the way they were before i took them out so i know its something simple and they are 4 ohm wire down @2ohm and if i wanted to hook them one to each sub how would i run the wires. Or how would i go by hooking them up because this master and slave crap is gettin on my nerves along with the strappin i think its more trouble than its worth lol. so any suggestions or instructions would be very helpful.Thanks for all of your help and support Mr crown

That master/slave thing is probably your problem. How do you have them strapped?

i have one pair of rca jacks going from the input of one amp to the output of the other amp i belive everything suppose to be up on the master and the slave you dont touch. But now i have done confused myself and dont which amp to adjust also when i turn the input gain up the thermal light comes on so for some reason i had to turn the gain down real low. Its done that one time when i had something hook up wrong i believe its one of the settings on the amp i just cant rember and its frustrating because i know its something simple. So any suggestions or instructions would be helpful. Thanks so much

OK, well break it down for us and tell us exactly how every wire is hooked up and how every knob or switch on each amp is set. For this it's easiest to read if you make a list instead of type it into a paragraph.

OK, well break it down for us and tell us exactly how every wire is hooked up and how every knob or switch on each amp is set. For this it's easiest to read if you make a list instead of type it into a paragraph.

thanks i will