zerosktr111

Someone needs to do this to a voicecoil

Ferrite gets really brittle with cold, master air cooling and your in good shape.

What about normal H20 through the pipes and design nr1?

(I'm not going to make it, at least not in the near future, just letting my mind roam free)

Been done, not worth the cost or hassle.

Hmm, I would rather make a metal box on top of the heatsink on a amplifier, fill it up with nitrogen and then make it drive subwoofers at 0,1ohm or lower. It would be like clocking a computer that's nitrogen cooled. Since the amplifier get's cooled it should withstand really low loads. Kinda surprises me that no one has tried it in DB contests.

Cooling won't have such a big influence in competitions, especially if you want to drive really low loads for VERY short periods. As long as the power supply can supply the current and the rectifying bridge can handle the load it's ok. Most of the times that's where things go wrong.

That's one situation. But I want to emphasize that you would first need an amp that can work at such low impedances. Going way below 0.5 ohms needs a lot of current from the amp's power supply and 90% of amp power supplies that I've seen faint / drop like a stone when you ask for big power at low loads, even 1 ohm.

Done things like this in industrial applications with electromagnet(s) and inert gases..

Nitrogen is WAY too cold, you can't do that.

Again..the car audio market can barely support what we have going on with Supergauss.

A wise man never pushes the market farther than it can support.

Edit: Scott did the XMX 6.5 that was a 6.5" woofer that moved 4" linear...which for the market at that point, and still is not supportive. We can do really crazy odd ball make your mind go 'WTF' stuff...there simply is not a market or a need for it at this point and time.

It's the difference in truly making your own products, understanding how they really work...instead of slapping UPS labels on pre-built conventional woofers from China.

We will continue to do what we are doing now in the car audio segment..when we feel there is a market and it is large enough to support making things for larger scale manufacturing then we will go that route..until then they'll never be seen here.

Edit: Scott did the XMX 6.5 that was a 6.5" woofer that moved 4" linear...which for the market at that point, and still is not supportive. We can do really crazy odd ball make your mind go 'WTF' stuff...there simply is not a market or a need for it at this point and time.

It's the difference in truly making your own products, understanding how they really work...instead of slapping UPS labels on pre-built conventional woofers from China.

We will continue to do what we are doing now in the car audio segment..when we feel there is a market and it is large enough to support making things for larger scale manufacturing then we will go that route..until then they'll never be seen here.

Any video's of that XMX 6.5? (sorry for the offtopic :()

It used to be on ROE years ago...i don't think it's there now though. I have not been to that shit hole in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

simi on topic, what if you where to inter-duce a feed of rather cool air in the sub box, there by letting the air cooling work more effectively? say we cool the air in the box to ~33-35F. or a heat-sink inside the box that is cooled with LN2 or liquid He and let the air moving in the box pass over the heat-sink and have that cool the air.

yes, no, maybe?

The LN2 would evaporate fairly quickly. On top of that, it would cause so much condensation you would destroy everything. There are SO many reasons as to why this would not work.

The LN2 would evaporate fairly quickly. On top of that, it would cause so much condensation you would destroy everything. There are SO many reasons as to why this would not work.

never said pump LN2 in to the box.