Enellz

Running 3000D at .25

I've been thinking of wiring my subs lower (see sig) to .25 ohms. Their dual 1s so it should be .25 correct, tried looking for a pic can't find. ( if you have one please post a link). My rise with the amp off is like 1.4 I believe, and close to 2 ohms when playing. Any ideas?

Thanx

I am sure that is not recomended!! and will void your warrenty

of course. But my main goal is just going to check my rise on my amp. Since its close to two when wired at 1.3 ohms, I know Im not reaching my full potentila on this amp

Why, why, why? If you want to take the risk and damage your amp then go ahead. Nobody knows how it will react or how long it will last, if it will be successful forever or fail at start (every install is different). But if the amp says 1 ohm stable then why go lower than what is recommended just because it can do it, if you have to money to blow then I say go for it. I would just buy the amp that gives you the power you need at 1 ohm. Just my .02

Regardless of what the impedance rise looks like... do not run the amplifier at 0.25 daily.

ONLY for burps.

Regardless of what the impedance rise looks like... do not run the amplifier at 0.25 daily.

ONLY for burps.

well let me ask you this with me getting 3 12s all at one ohm I believe it'll be around .66 ohms. Is that safe?

What will the DCR of the load be ?

ignore my newbiness on ohm loads lol, but all I have is .66 on the diagram for 3 12 inch dual ones. I have no idea what DCR means

Edited by Enellz

I wouldnt run them at 0.66 ohm load, but that is all up to you man.

Yea. unless you have money to buy another amp because you burnt your current one, I wouldn't do.

What will the DCR of the load be ?

ignore my newbiness on ohm loads lol, but all I have is .66 on the diagram for 3 12 inch dual ones. I have no idea what DCR means

DC Resistance.

I'm not sure I'm just trying to combat this huge ohm rise to 2 ohms. Can you check that with a DMM Jacob, I have one if possible

Edited by Enellz

I'm not sure I'm just trying to combat this huge ohm rise to 2 ohms. Can you check that with a DMM Jacob, I have one if possible

Your DMM reading is DCR... but you may have lead resistance.

So first touch the leads together and remember that reading and subtract that from what it tells you on the coil.

Your DMM reading is DCR... but you may have lead resistance.

So first touch the leads together and remember that reading and subtract that from what it tells you on the coil.

Cool, I'll do that and post the results after I get off work

I am sure that is not recomended!! and will void your warrenty

of course. But my main goal is just going to check my rise on my amp. Since its close to two when wired at 1.3 ohms, I know Im not reaching my full potentila on this amp

If this is correct, you will have a rise of less than 0.4 ohms if wired at o.25 ohms :Doh:

Looks like I have no choice but to run it at 1 ohms. I was trying to stay away from 2 15s and the recond price from 12s

Absolutely do not attempt to run your amp @ 0.25ohm daily. I don't even recommend for anyone other than experienced competitors to burp them @ 0.25ohm.

Three dual 1ohm subs wired in a series/parallel configuration will result in a 0.67ohm nominal impedance. DCR should be 0.4-0.5ohm. We've had great success running Sundown amps there daily but keep in mind that when wiring below 1ohm current draw goes up. A solid electrical is a must have. If it was me personally I wouldn't hesitate to run any of my Sundown amps @ 0.67 daily.

I've been thinking of wiring my subs lower (see sig) to .25 ohms. Their dual 1s so it should be .25 correct, tried looking for a pic can't find. ( if you have one please post a link). My rise with the amp off is like 1.4 I believe, and close to 2 ohms when playing. Any ideas?

Thanx

how are you calculating this rise?

Thanx

A friend and me checked it a few weeks ago. As I don't remember the exact number but I know it was close to two ohms. I would of checked today but it's raining...

Absolutely do not attempt to run your amp @ 0.25ohm daily. I don't even recommend for anyone other than experienced competitors to burp them @ 0.25ohm.

Three dual 1ohm subs wired in a series/parallel configuration will result in a 0.67ohm nominal impedance. DCR should be 0.4-0.5ohm. We've had great success running Sundown amps there daily but keep in mind that when wiring below 1ohm current draw goes up. A solid electrical is a must have. If it was me personally I wouldn't hesitate to run any of my Sundown amps @ 0.67 daily.

Thats what I figured. My electric in my new car will consist of a 250 amp alternator, A HC1800 upfront and a HC2400 in the back. Two runs of 1/0g postive to the back, maybe three. Depends on other matters.

Edited by Enellz

Thanx

A friend and me checked it a few weeks ago. As I don't remember the exact number but I know it was close to two ohms. I would of checked today but it's raining...

if this is a dd why are you so worried about rise? and it sounds like you only tested at 1 frequency

No their AQs on a SD 3000D. My question now though was if I had another 12 inch sub to make a total of 3, it'll be a final load of about .67 ohms before rise. So will this damage my amp for daily

No their AQs on a SD 3000D. My question now though was if I had another 12 inch sub to make a total of 3, it'll be a final load of about .67 ohms before rise. So will this damage my amp for daily

Read the responses, derrick already answered that:

From derrick: 'Three dual 1ohm subs wired in a series/parallel configuration will result in a 0.67ohm nominal impedance. DCR should be 0.4-0.5ohm. We've had great success running Sundown amps there daily but keep in mind that when wiring below 1ohm current draw goes up. A solid electrical is a must have. If it was me personally I wouldn't hesitate to run any of my Sundown amps @ 0.67 daily.'

Read the responses, derrick already answered that:

From derrick: 'Three dual 1ohm subs wired in a series/parallel configuration will result in a 0.67ohm nominal impedance. DCR should be 0.4-0.5ohm. We've had great success running Sundown amps there daily but keep in mind that when wiring below 1ohm current draw goes up. A solid electrical is a must have. If it was me personally I wouldn't hesitate to run any of my Sundown amps @ 0.67 daily.'

just wanted another opnion

Edited by Enellz

They used to be under warranty down to .5 ohm daily, so .67 is fine, pending you know what you're doing. You can trust him. :drink40: