Sign in to follow this  
abigor

What bettery do I need?

Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my car audio, right now I have stock alternator and D3400 at my trunk and my system is Nightshade 12" and 2000watts amplifier. I will be adding 1 more 2k watts amps. Do I need to upgrade or get another D3400 or single D3100 can handle the 4k watts amps?

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my car audio, right now I have stock alternator and D3400 at my trunk and my system is Nightshade 12" and 2000watts amplifier. I will be adding 1 more 2k watts amps. Do I need to upgrade or get another D3400 or single D3100 can handle the 4k watts amps?

Thanks

Are you looking to do burps or do you want to listen to your 4k for more than 30 seconds???? at 4K you are going to need 277 amps PLUS whatever that car will need if you want to play for extended amounts of time, and thats at 14.4 volts. Your looking at a dual alt set up for sure but if you just want to burp the get two more batts.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Albert

You will definantly benefit from a HO Alternator if you plan on getting another 2000watt amplifier.

Hey np man.....I forgot to mention that 277 amps was at 100% amp efficiency so a more realistic number would be around 330 to 350

Going to have to start looking into a H.O alternator for your car.