Sign in to follow this  
the mange

Hifonics Olympus any good or not?

Ok so I have one 12" ssd, with 700 watts, and im upgrading to 1200+ watts with the sundown 1200d v.2. Im not sure if I want to buy another ssd and make a new box, or just replace my existing ssd with one sub that can handle the power (and keep my existing box). I was browsing and found the hifonics olympus "olm1612," which does 1600rms bl=11, mms=204, fs=35.5. Given this sub's fs, can I still tune it to 32hz? And what does everyone think about hifonic's subs? I have always known their products, particularly their amps, to be somewhat cheap and overrated.

Ok so I have one 12" ssd, with 700 watts, and im upgrading to 1200+ watts with the sundown 1200d v.2. Im not sure if I want to buy another ssd and make a new box, or just replace my existing ssd with one sub that can handle the power (and keep my existing box). I was browsing and found the hifonics olympus "olm1612," which does 1600rms bl=11, mms=204, fs=35.5. Given this sub's fs, can I still tune it to 32hz? And what does everyone think about hifonic's subs? I have always known their products, particularly their amps, to be somewhat cheap and overrated.

I wouldnt get it, but to each its own. Yeah the sub can be tuned to 32hz with a higher Fs of 35.5, why not get another FI SSD or a BL with BP Power. I dont understand why you would want to go from FI to Hifonics, seems kinda backwards to me.

I wouldnt get it, but to each its own. Yeah the sub can be tuned to 32hz with a higher Fs of 35.5, why not get another FI SSD or a BL with BP Power. I dont understand why you would want to go from FI to Hifonics, seems kinda backwards to me.