Sign in to follow this  
salgutierrez

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT vs JVC KW-NX7000

with christmas coming up and me "getting" some polk audio speakers for my tahoe as a gift, what should i get myself?(lol)

i am torn between the pioneer and the jvc(i'd probably be getting them off of sonicelectronix)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19739_Pioneer+AVIC-X910BT.html

$699

+ already has bluetooth

- would need to get the steering wheel controls($70)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12317_JVC+KW-NX7000.html

$709

+ large sexy screen

+ remote control

+ garmin nav

- bluetooth would be an additional $70

the boot-up times dont seem to be an issue, since from reading they both start audio upon ignition, it would just be the nav that takes a while

i want either steering wheel controls or a remote so yeah..

im not sure i would use the bluetooth alot, so they are basically about the same total, price wise.

i've looked up the iPod interface on both HUs and dont get much. the pioneer seems to have a better UI along with the ease of searching by letter( like a,b ,c etc) and was unable to find much on the jvc

so which would you get? yeah, lol

o, and the place on where im gettin the pa speakers, doesnt have any hu at all, lol(its some guy who left sound advice and started his own lil shop with subs, speakers, amps and the small HUs, sound advice closed down, lmfao!)

Go JVC!!!

i used to own a pioneer and ever since i switched to my jvc i loved it and never looked back!

so i vote for JVC based on my past experience with the pioneer (880) and the new one jvc (avx77)

i know you aer asking about a double din and both of mine are single din's!

i hope that helps SOME.

I am usually not a huge fan of JVC, but I was sold with the Garmin. And that JVC looks a lot nicer too.

And if you want steering wheel controls, you will have yo go with a SWI-Jack. I think that is the JVC compatable Steering wheel interface.

i just canceled my order(i just needed to hit the pay now/purchase button) 1 of my friends told me that the kenwood DDX714 was better and already had bluetooth in it and garmin aswell. i looked it up on ebay and price-wise, i could get everything i want(iPod control, remote and unit itself with bluetooth) for under 900$ shipped

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18252_Kenwood+DDX714+-DDX-714-.html

aargh!!!

its jvc vs kenwood now :(

it'd be

JVC Kenwood

unit 709 610

bluetooth 70 0

iPod 27 16

nav 0 189

remote 0 40

806-815 855-865

Edited by salgutierrez