Sign in to follow this  
Hell-Razor

Wiring Diagrams for 03 passat

Alright. Today is such a good day out that I decided to start getting somethings tossed into the car (FINALLY!). I popped off the door panels (easy) and the floor panels (pain in the ass) to start running wires. I popped out the cd player as well and kind of went oh s**** because its a wiring nightmare in there... I have been looking around online now for at least an hour for wiring diagrams to see what goes to where and so far no luck... Any ideas where I can look (or does anybody have one?). The wiring diagram that came with the cdplayer is generic and doesn't look like its correct.

Edited by Hell-Razor

May sound funny but try the library. I needed a wiring diagram one time and they have a crap load of Chilton manuals there, only cost me like ten cents to make a copy of the page I needed.

they have a 2000 passat. Ill just wait until I can find an accurate diagram. Not worth it to screw that up.

The smartest thing is to buy a handbook on your car from Autozone or Pepboys so anytime you have to work on it you have it handy, shouldnt be more than 25 but the best investment you will ever make.

do you mean you cant find the right wiring harness? i thought my hu install was pretty easy, except the 12v switched wire doesnt work, you need to access the 75x relay under the driver side dash. i dont know how to hook up fm radio to my hu though because our cars have the euro plug and I cant find the right adapter. any progress with your alt install?

Edited by the mange

do you mean you cant find the right wiring harness? i thought my hu install was pretty easy, except the 12v switched wire doesnt work, you need to access the 75x relay under the driver side dash. i dont know how to hook up fm radio to my hu though because our cars have the euro plug and I cant find the right adapter. any progress with your alt install?

Ohh this might be my problem. I need to check out the ignition and the constant 12v because my new cdplayer now stays on (check out the other thread by me in the electrical section). As far as the alt... I still need to finish wiring up most other things until the mechanic feels comfortable with tossing it in. Edited by Hell-Razor

Ohh this might be my problem. I need to check out the ignition and the constant 12v because my new cdplayer now stays on (check out the other thread by me in the electrical section). As far as the alt... I still need to finish wiring up most other things until the mechanic feels comfortable with tossing it in.

It looks like your constant 12v is working fine if its staying on all the time, bc the 12v switched (red) wire that you crimp in the wiring harness never gets any power as far as i can tell. The 75x relay gives you normal switched power that should turn off upon key removal. Try and snap some pics of the alt install if you can that would be a huge help i think to everyone who has passats who's lookin to do the big 3.

To get to the 75x, you have to pop out the light switch that turns on your dash lights tail lights, etc, then just unscrew the hex bolts that hold the panel on that has the slot for the owners manual. The relay then is just a bolt basically towards the lower left where a bunch of wires attach to and its marked '75x' underneath it. This is what the tech at my dealership said to do to reduce the chance of a short, bc usually people just attach it to an existing 12v wire going to another accessory.

And have you found the block to chassis grounding wire on your car?

Edited by the mange