Sign in to follow this  
a1161979

IXL18 experience

Hey guys

I have had an IXL18 in my car for a while now and i thought i would post up some photos and also some scores of my setup :)

First up and most importantly flying the Mach5 Flag downunder

IMGP1137.jpg

Next is the driver itself

IMGP9409.jpg

IMGP9412.jpg

The box is 160L gross with two 6 Inch ports tunned at roughly 35/36Hz, it was the largest box i could build that would slide in and out of the car without to maybe problems or effort

IMGP0655.jpg

Electrical consists of a Yellowtop D34 as the starting battery with an Auscell 100AH battery in the boot

IMGP1108.jpg

Now for the power, a Hertz HP1KD, a really beautiful """""SQL""""" amplifier that does rated power, runs cool and sound simply beautiful... I love the in built voltage meter too which can be changed to display amplifier temp :)

IMGP1127.jpg

IMGP1146.jpg

IMGP1092.jpg

IMGP1149.jpg

Isnt she a good looking sub

IMGP1117.jpg

This sub has impressed me from the begining, even when i unboxed the sub i was supprised by the build quality offered by such a cheap driver, the glue was neat around the surround and spider and the bust cap was nicely centered, overall nothing to fault

In the car in 4.5cubes tunned at 35/36Hz the driver has really impressed, even in the small box it hits the lows very well and moves a lot of air on very little power, before the Hertz i was running the amplifier on the small black mono in the photo above and even with a measured 700 watts the driver performed very well

The best score to date on the TL playing music out of a sedan had been 142.0, I think thats a fairly respectable score for a sedan with the driver firing up tunned low. The cars best score on a burp has been 142.2 with a peak of 44Hz on batteries that could have done with a charge

I guess i just wanted to share some photos of the IXL and my experience with it

Overall an amazing driver for the asking price thats capable of producing lots of bass off little power while still sounding great

I'd like to thank Mark and Sam (the aussie distributor) for offering such great drivers at an amazing price :drink40:

Edited by denim
asked to

Thanks guys, the topic is a bit misleading so maybe a mod can change it to my IXL experience or something like that

I just wanted to post some photos of my IXL18 setup for all too see, it was built to play music and get low so the fact it did 142 on music was a nice surprise, hits a lot harder than most people expect it to, subs are very expensive in Australia so people look at me like I'm on crack when i tell them it cost $320, most guys here run Sound Stream gear or Fusion that they pay big money for then do low 130's

I think with a burp box there would be higher numbers for sure, in fact in my sedan with the power i have i think an extra 3Db could be found with less airspace and a higher tune

:) :) :)

Nice looking, clean build. I like the voltage reader on the amp, glad to hear your enjoying your setup :drink40: