blue fury

Putting on some Damplifier Pro

A few days ago, I won a pack of damplifier Pro on here. I finally found some time to do a little bit today. Took me about 2 hours just to do this!!

PIC-0484.jpg

PIC-0485.jpg

PIC-0486.jpg

PIC-0487.jpg

I'm going to use more than half for the doors from this pack, then the rest on some trunk areas. Possibly Wednesday is when I'll have a chunk of free time before finals week.

I started out trying to make it look good but it took me way to long too. I just slapped it on in bigger pieces after that. Looks really good though. You can see the effort you put in there.

I started out trying to make it look good but it took me way to long too. I just slapped it on in bigger pieces after that. Looks really good though. You can see the effort you put in there.

that's why you should always take a break for the day when you start to just slap it on lol ;)

Damn I could've sworn I updated this when I finished it.

Here's the door before application

PIC-0517.jpg

The target area was the outer shell. I abandoned my initial goal for 60% coverage when I heard a wonderful stereo in a brand new Shelby Mustang at Audio Innovations because they told me that there was a ****load of deadening in each front door. So I used all of what I had on my front doors.

PIC-0518.jpg

I started with the small cuts left over from when I did the trunk lid. Only the passenger side looks like a Picasso painting, the driver door is almost total coverage with large squares of damp with very few little cuts.

PIC-0519.jpg

After I covered what I could reach on the outer shell, I covered the key areas on the inner metal. A little more tricky, but still easy.

PIC-0520.jpg

Here is where I remember applying the damplifier pro on the reverse side of the inside metal. I didn't put it on the outside because I didn't want to completely remove the plastic lining because the glue that holds it in place is a real pain to work with.

insidecoverage.jpg

Aside from the problem with getting both of my 8's to work all the time, I can definitely notice a difference on the outside of the car. Much less vibration and noise from the door. As for inside, I noticed an increase in the volume from about 150-300hz. There was no difference from about 70-150 but I believe that to be from the door being insufficiently sealed to act as an optimal enclosure for the 8's. I still plan to add more damplifier much later on, summer time at the earliest.

:) :)