tosh

whats needed to support 3000w+ 400w

Ive got a 105a alt and big 3 done also have a xs3400 under hood and a xs3100 on order, what else do i need to run a 3000w sub amp and a 400w high amp. Im guessing a larger alt . anyone that has ran similar or can give me help, thnx in advance

To play a system of that size you will need about 275 amps of power if you plan on running this thing continuous. PLUS what the car will need so maybe like 350 amps total (im running these numbers in my head just a estimate) SO a 350 amp alt..... and the amount of batts you run will depend on the amount of reserve time your looking for

Ive got a 105a alt and big 3 done also have a xs3400 under hood and a xs3100 on order, what else do i need to run a 3000w sub amp and a 400w high amp. Im guessing a larger alt . anyone that has ran similar or can give me help, thnx in advance

I wouldnt run anything less than a 250 amp alt. You can wait to see on the batts if you need more.

did you do the Big 3?

He said it was done in his post but more importantly, is it in at least 1/0?

did you do the Big 3?

He said it was done in his post but more importantly, is it in at least 1/0?

ha wow i can't read :suicide-santa:

but i x2 that

Sry I got Ahead of myself....is this RMS or Peak power??? and what type of car? Some newer cars have ECU controlled voltage regulators that may or may be on a delay, depending on current inrush to the source...IF you do have something like this you will need batts to support the amp until the delay timer excites the stator.

My setup is in my sig. You would need atleast a 200 amp alt. I would do a dedicated ground run with my pos run of 1/0. Some would say this is not necessary, but I definitely believe it helps. I drop from 14.0 volts to 12.8 volts full tilt while driving. A 250 amp alt with those batteries should keep you around 13 volts permitting all wiring and connections are good.

Edited by crownvicon24's

big 3 is in 1/0. car is 1999 chevy s10 blazer, wattage rms

Edited by soundjunkie

See how it does with your new batteries before you get a ho alt. Its a slim chance you might not need one depending on your listening habits. If your getting major drops then I would look into a ho alt. What amps you running?