aherzing

What size speake wire for 2 BLs and 2600w Amp

I just bought 2 10inch BLs and I have a 2600w hifonics amp, what size speaker wire should I run from my amp to the subs? ive been told 8, 10, or 12 AWG and im not sure which to go with... Thanks

Bigger is always better but keep in mind that the larger the wire the harder it is to fit in the terminals. 12 will be enough. You arent going to notice a difference between using 8 to 12. The only difference is the amount of resistance and you might see like a 20 or 30 watt difference from the amp to sub. A TL meter would not even be able to pick up such a difference in output so don't be worried about it.

If you have the wire lying around might as well go with the 8 or 10. It isnt going to hurt. Worse comes to worse just trim some of the wires off to fit it in the terminal.

12 awg is plenty big and likely oversized for your application... 14 awg would still be fine.

Use can use 12 gauge for that and it will be fine. I like to use 8 when I can, just cause it looks nice and its not that much money.

I used 8 AWG with my BL and 1000 watts.

It doesnt matter, anything 14AWG and bigger will do. You can use 8, 10, 12 or 14 it is all up to you; if you have some laying around then use it but if not then buy what you can afford or like. Just my .02 but I would go with 10 or 12 AWG

It doesnt matter, anything 14AWG and bigger will do. You can use 8, 10, 12 or 14 it is all up to you; if you have some laying around then use it but if not then buy what you can afford or like. Just my .02 but I would go with 10 or 12 AWG

x2

I used 8 AWG with my BL and 1000 watts.

Did you have to do anything special to make the wires fit into your subs or amp? like trim off some of the fibers or anything?

Bigger is always better but keep in mind that the larger the wire the harder it is to fit in the terminals. 12 will be enough. You arent going to notice a difference between using 8 to 12. The only difference is the amount of resistance and you might see like a 20 or 30 watt difference from the amp to sub. A TL meter would not even be able to pick up such a difference in output so don't be worried about it.

If you have the wire lying around might as well go with the 8 or 10. It isnt going to hurt. Worse comes to worse just trim some of the wires off to fit it in the terminal.

Like he said santa.gif

That dude with the Tahoe....peepwall.gif uses 4ga.....

Mr ***** ***** himself.

Mr ***** ***** himself.

I didn't know his name was a curse word... cover your ears kids! lol

Save money and get 10 or 12. You can pick up jumper cables at Menards and Fleet Farm, (don't know what stores are near you put that's what I got), for plenty cheap and use them for speaker wire; they usually have straight copper in them.

Mr ***** ***** himself.

I didn't know his name was a curse word... cover your ears kids! lol

Save money and get 10 or 12. You can pick up jumper cables at Menards and Fleet Farm, (don't know what stores are near you put that's what I got), for plenty cheap and use them for speaker wire; they usually have straight copper in them.

Yeah I stole this idea from this guy and they work out well plus all copper strands baby, FTW! Saved me money also, when it comes to speaker wire it wont be that much of a difference in what you use (nothing noticeable).