Sign in to follow this  
AirFramerMack

Mj18 build and help

Well I have an old body style s10, 3kRMS, and 15.64cubes of volume. Not really sure what to do for the port but I was thinking of a 4"port spanning 44" across the top of the box. or one flared center port being 5x36 and tuning about 32hz... let me know what you guys think

mach5mj18box.jpg

DSCF8180.jpg

DSCF8179.jpg

DSCF8177.jpg

DSCF8181.jpg

If i do two 10" round ports I can tune to about 28-30

Ok here is what ive come up with. someone please chime in and let me know.

15.06Cubic foot after subwoofer displacement.

12.78 After port displacement.

The enclosure will have some dowel rods added and I am going to build a 3" thick 20x20 baffle for each woofer to let them sit deep into the box to minimize the chance to damage due to the box being so large in my truck and the seats resting against the box.

the port is 6"wide at the opening for 2" going to 4"wide X 35.25" tall and 20" deep.

let me know what ya think.. oh ya should be about 32-33hz

mach5box2.jpg

mach5box.jpg

Edited by AirFramerMack

I would say use the 10" aero ports and tune to 28hz. :)

Should be good either way. popcorn.gif

a port along the bottem (like your first pic but up side down) with a huge cerf (sp?) port would be sweet.

3k rms on 2 mj's is some nice head room haha, you planning to upgrade the subs later?

a port along the bottem (like your first pic but up side down) with a huge cerf (sp?) port would be sweet.

3k rms on 2 mj's is some nice head room haha, you planning to upgrade the subs later?

well the two sonotubes seems to be the easiest and I can tune pretty low using them and still get about 12cubes for the pair. I dont think the subs can handle 3k not daily atleast and i do plan to add another pair once i get the money up for a blow through

well the two sonotubes seems to be the easiest and I can tune pretty low using them and still get about 12cubes for the pair. I dont think the subs can handle 3k not daily atleast and i do plan to add another pair once i get the money up for a blow through

I still say go with the tubes, I just couldnt think of another word for it. shrug.gif

I still say go with the tubes, I just couldnt think of another word for it. shrug.gif

ya I am using the tubes. Just trying to figure out if i should keep the ports like theya re in the picture or move the subs down and stack the ports on top of eachother

ya I am using the tubes. Just trying to figure out if i should keep the ports like theya re in the picture or move the subs down and stack the ports on top of eachother

What tuning would you guys go with? I have 14.70 without port displacement, I would like to use a pair of 10" ports and I have up to 3k for power I mainly listen to hip hop, RnB and country lol

3000wrms @28hz peepwall.gif

What tuning would you guys go with? I have 13.70 without port displacement, I would like to use a pair of 10" ports and I have up to 3k for power I mainly listen to hip hop, RnB and country lol

?

anyone know about how long it takes to get orders from him?

What tuning would you guys go with? I have 13.70 without port displacement, I would like to use a pair of 10" ports and I have up to 3k for power I mainly listen to hip hop, RnB and country lol

?

anyone know about how long it takes to get orders from him?

?

how long does it usually take to get orders from mach?

well hes up in Winnipeg Canada so depending on your location i guess it could take about a week maybe more, not including build time. but i really have no idea. i live in central pc, my package from mach5 will probably take a week to get here (went out on wednesday and currently it is in IL).

probably something to ask mark.

id just go with the specs they give on the site. tune at 30 hz and 5 cubes give or take per sub. make the port changable if you want to play around with the frequency.

well hes up in Winnipeg Canada so depending on your location i guess it could take about a week maybe more, not including build time. but i really have no idea. i live in central pc, my package from mach5 will probably take a week to get here (went out on wednesday and currently it is in IL).

probably something to ask mark.

id just go with the specs they give on the site. tune at 30 hz and 5 cubes give or take per sub. make the port changable if you want to play around with the frequency.

right now im at 12cubes at 35hz but i can tune lower and take up some more volume. 36hz was about the best layout on WinISD. im located in FL and ive emailed mark twice and havent received anything. and Ive called once, CS ia HUGE thing to me and I am starting to look at other options now and really don't want too.