stevemead08

12 btl truck box.

Hello, im building a box for a loaded 12 btl. i have an odd shaped box i made to fit under my silverado back seat. my question is how should i run my port/s. the box is wedge shaped with 3.6 cubes gross. the box dimentions are 11.25 high in front 8.5h in back 53.5 long and 16 deep. any idea on port location? trying to get 14 sq/in of port per cube seems hard. thanks steve

height1 11.25"

height 2 8.5"

length 53.5"

depth 16"

the sub will be facing up on the drivers side

Edited by stevemead

Hello, im building a box for a loaded 12 btl. i have an odd shaped box i made to fit under my silverado back seat. my question is how should i run my port/s. the box is wedge shaped with 3.6 cubes gross. the box dimentions are 11.25 high in front 8.5h in back 53.5 long and 16 deep. any idea on port location? trying to get 14 sq/in of port per cube seems hard. thanks steve

height1 11.25"

height 2 8.5"

length 53.5"

depth 16"

Have you thought about using an external port? It would make sense to get the most volume you can under the seat ion that enclosure.

height1 11.25"

height 2 8.5"

length 53.5"

depth 16"

Have you thought about using an external port? It would make sense to get the most volume you can under the seat ion that enclosure.

Bigrank916, i hoped you or shizzon would chime in. thanks. i have thought about some aeros. i know sub up port back seems to yeild the best sound but the back ot my box is only like 7 inches inside so a slot would be real tricky

[

what's the tune of the box to be that you wanted??? according to my figures 4 x 4 inch areo ports would work but if you put to close to gather the bends may be difficult to do if it's a low tune like 30 -31 hz this makes it harder yet cause of length if you need help just say some thing. this was port back sub up talk about a p.i.t.a.

[

what's the tune of the box to be that you wanted??? according to my figures 4 x 4 inch areo ports would work but if you put to close to gather the bends may be difficult to do if it's a low tune like 30 -31 hz this makes it harder yet cause of length if you need help just say some thing. this was port back sub up talk about a p.i.t.a.

tuned to around 35. mostly hiphop. if i ran two 4 inch aero how do i calculate length? devide length by 2? thanks

[

tuned to around 35. mostly hiphop. if i ran two 4 inch aero how do i calculate length? devide length by 2? thanks

that was four areo ports if you ran two would that restrict flow ? and cause port noise? i have always used jlaudio.com's port formula under support on ther site it's a sq formula i think. what about a slot and bondo it in so you do not have to make a trim piece? then carpet the box.

Edited by sadistic_customs

height1 11.25"

height 2 8.5"

length 53.5"

depth 16"

Bigrank916, i hoped you or shizzon would chime in. thanks. i have thought about some aeros. i know sub up port back seems to yeild the best sound but the back ot my box is only like 7 inches inside so a slot would be real tricky

Im sure shizzon would have a few better ideas than I, but I will surely try to help. :) I think some aeros would do pretty well for your install. You want to keep as much volume as possible for the BTL so an external port would be best. You mentioned in previous posts that you werent into show style installs so the look wouldnt matter too much. Plus since its under the seat, you wont see it anyway.

talk about a pain in the arse! no matter how i did itthe port run smack in to the sub. which is bad. wait for shizzon see if he can help.

yeah im not building a show truck but cant look too hokey. i am used to polishing turds. lol ill dress it up somehow