ShagggDiesel

Audiobahn aw1206t 12" Recone?

I need a recone on a 12" Audiobahn aw1206t, and I have now idea on how to go about getting this done. From what I've heard, Audiobahn has gone out of out of business. So does anyone know what I need to do about getting this recone done? Or should I just trash it and buy a new sub?

I vote new sub :)

Welcome to SSA.

Time to blow up that piece of :bull: audiobahn and get your hands on a real sub. What are your spending limits, music preferences, etc. Do you want just a loud ass sub, something that sounds good while playing loud, or strictly a sound quality subwoofer.

What are your space limitations? What type of car do you have?

Time to blow up that piece of :bull: audiobahn and get your hands on a real sub. What are your spending limits, music preferences, etc. Do you want just a loud ass sub, something that sounds good while playing loud, or strictly a sound quality subwoofer.

I have a pair of these audiobahn. They are from an old setup of mine.. I'm not repairing it to use, I'm repairing it to help sell the pair in this box. I've been through multiple setup. But if you still wish to give some opinions, here's my goals and whatnot:

much spl, sq isn't a real concern because with as loud as I will be playing, it won't make much difference.

I have a 99 pontiac grand am.

I'm looking into (for my next install):

1 18" btl

230 amp h/o alt

yellow top optima battery

big three upgrade

Btl is a good choice. I dont know if you have enough volume in the trunk to fit such a large box. Have you taken measurements yet? Also what do you plan on doing as far as an amp goes?

As far as the audiobahn goes. It is cheaper just to buy a new set. Sell them as is.

I have a pair of these audiobahn. They are from an old setup of mine.. I'm not repairing it to use, I'm repairing it to help sell the pair in this box. I've been through multiple setup. But if you still wish to give some opinions, here's my goals and whatnot:

much spl, sq isn't a real concern because with as loud as I will be playing, it won't make much difference.

1 18" btl

230 amp h/o alt

big three upgrade

You will not be able to fit an 18" in there and it sound right, get the 15" and put it in 5ft^3 and call it a day.

1 18" btl

230 amp h/o alt

big three upgrade

You will not be able to fit an 18" in there and it sound right, get the 15" and put it in 5ft^3 and call it a day.

x2. The only way u might be able to fit that size sub in there (not talking about volume but just fitting the speaker in period) would be to face it up. Your trunk might actually explode.

1 18" btl

230 amp h/o alt

big three upgrade

right right.. What would you suggest on an amp? Right now I'm running a 1100w Memphis 16-st1000d. Should that be suitable?

Edited by Shag

instead of getting a btl why not just buy a bl and u wont have to buy another amp. It will be cheaper too.

instead of getting a btl why not just buy a bl and u wont have to buy another amp. It will be cheaper too.

x2, but if you still want the BTL that amp will be suitable until you buy another one if you still feel you need another one.

x2, but if you still want the BTL that amp will be suitable until you buy another one if you still feel you need another one.

Hey jay-cee.. Off topic but I just wanted to thank you for all your help. You've posted on all of my threads and you are very helpful in all my situations so far. Big thanks..

AND lucky as well.. thanks to you too

Edited by Shag

No problem man, that is what Im here for (to share the limited knowledge I do have on things).