i decided that i might as well do the big three in my town car, but i have a few questions about it.

first, from the batt pos to the alt, im not sure how to connect the 1/0 to the alt. heres a pic of my alt

bigthree001.jpg

how should i connect it to ther? should i just try and remove that red thing?

also, i dont know were the engine block to chassis connection is. could someone please tell me how to find it?

heres what the bay looks like

bigthree003.jpg

another thing... can i just run the pos batt. to alt just straight across to the right and zip tie it to like the radiator hose? thanks for the help!

ok i did some more searching and found out everything except how i should connect the pos to the alt with that red plastic thing there. Anyone know what i should do?

ok i did some more searching and found out everything except how i should connect the pos to the alt with that red plastic thing there. Anyone know what i should do?

Begin with unscrewing the nut on there. There should be a post there.

i know that, but do i remove the red plastic? it looks like its in the way.

I wouldnt remove anything you dont have to while taking the nut off.

He cannot fit 0 gauge on unless the red piece is removed.. and if you do remove it make sure the wire will not ground off on the alt

He cannot fit 0 gauge on unless the red piece is removed.. and if you do remove it make sure the wire will not ground off on the alt

what do you mean by that? i think i can just take the red piece off, then just put the 1/0 terminal over the existing cable.

Well if the terminal wont fit on there witht the red piece on, then...Question is, what the hell is the red piece for and can it be removed?

what do you mean by that? i think i can just take the red piece off, then just put the 1/0 terminal over the existing cable.

Yes you can but touching the case with the power wire isnt good. The case should be grounded. Grounds and power are seperate.

Well if the terminal wont fit on there witht the red piece on, then...Question is, what the hell is the red piece for and can it be removed?

Which brings me back here. It looks like the safety barrier for just that reason. Allthough you can always modify it yourself with something. Go easy.