sound=vibration

Second Skin Promotion Installation

So I am posting this a part of the criteria of the Second Skin Audio Promotion give away. I would like to start by thanking Anthony from Second Skin as well as everyone at Second Skin!!

Now onto the review.. Upon pick up of the deadner as soon as i grabbed the box I knew the deadner would be great. You could feel it in the wieght of the box itself lol..! Any how I tossed the box into the trunk and instantly popped open the box and was at a loss of words when i saw how nice the black backing looks on this stuff. As I pulled out a sheet I could already tell Damplifier Pro was a much better deadner than Dynamat Extreme wich i have used in the past. It is not only thicker but looks way better and I was not the only one who noticed the difference my brother picked up a piece and said " This Sh!t is way better than dynamat." lol. I knew this was going to be great from this point on.

Now to let everyone know I drive a Honda Civic Hatchback if you hav not already seen my build log check it out!! Now we all know Honda is not very big on lets say luxury especiall back in 92 so when I shut my door you could tell I was shutting a Honda door rather than Caddilac if you would. So I was hopping the deadner would help not only with the weak door but cut down on road noise as well. So I jumped into it today and began taking off my door panel wich is very simple on a Honda and from there I pulled off all the stock plastics and moved the wires and handel out of the way and preped the surface with carb cleaner and a towell. From there on out I layed down the deadner and heated it with a propane tourch and gave it a good roll. Man it stuck beautifully. I will never install deadner without a tourch again!! Anywho two sheet coved my door almost completly wich amazed me I will use a third to get little odd places on the door and a fourth for the inside of the door skin. Although even without the door completly finished it sound so much more solid. It will be finished the day after Christmas and A TON more pics will come as well. It will be like I have CADDILAC DOORS!! WOOT

be patient with the pics I cannot find my cord for my camera but they will be up tonight!!

Did you find that cord yet? tongue.gif

Lol nope still looking maybe soon here i feel im getting warm... had to run to my dads house im pretty sure its here but i forgot the camera at my moms will have to run back dammit

Good review so far! :popcorn:

More to come... I wish i had enough of this to do my whole car... I deffinatly recomend Second Skin to anyone wanting deadner. I have met Anthony on many occasions and talked to him on the phone as well. His customer service is excellent his products are excellent and he threw one hell of a show!! WOOT WOOT

Can I get a round of aplause for ANTHONY

from Second Skin as well as everyone at Second Skin!!

Now onto the review.. Upon pick up of the deadner as soon as i grabbed the box I knew the deadner would be great. You could feel it in the wieght of the box itself lol..!

Just as a point of clarification, mass isn't that important in damping. Of course it is important as an acoustic barrier, but CLD mat is generically speaking a poor way of adding mass. MLV would be better for that. Nothing wrong with the 2ndskin products for their purpose they are fine but mass won't tell the story for damping. Obviously mass could hint at a thicker butyl layer or aluminum layer which will improve performance. It is really amazing what a few squares of CLD and a full layer of MLV will do to a car. If you think it is quiet now, you'd LOVE it.

from Second Skin as well as everyone at Second Skin!!

Now onto the review.. Upon pick up of the deadner as soon as i grabbed the box I knew the deadner would be great. You could feel it in the wieght of the box itself lol..!

Just as a point of clarification, mass isn't that important in damping. Of course it is important as an acoustic barrier, but CLD mat is generically speaking a poor way of adding mass. MLV would be better for that. Nothing wrong with the 2ndskin products for their purpose they are fine but mass won't tell the story for damping. Obviously mass could hint at a thicker butyl layer or aluminum layer which will improve performance. It is really amazing what a few squares of CLD and a full layer of MLV will do to a car. If you think it is quiet now, you'd LOVE it.

In no way was i saying wieght is a proper way to determine a good soundeadner from another and I am no expert on sound deading now comparing it to a box of dynamat it was much heavier thats the point i was trying to get across but thanks for the clarification either way Secons Skin is a great product in my eyes and would recomend it to anyone

In no way was i saying wieght is a proper way to determine a good soundeadner from another and I am no expert on sound deading now comparing it to a box of dynamat it was much heavier thats the point i was trying to get across but thanks for the clarification either way Secons Skin is a great product in my eyes and would recomend it to anyone

I know you know better, just wanted to make sure that others reading the thread realized. ;)

I know you know better, just wanted to make sure that others reading the thread realized. ;)

Good deal M5 thanks for the input... bump it up wooot woooot can't wait to get the rest in

So I got my motor back in and turned my tens on with only the left door deadend.. The right sounds like a tin can now. I will be posting a video for ANT and the rest of you in the next couple of days before i finish up the other side!!!! Its an amazing difference

awesome, look forward to experiencing the difference

Its an amazing differnece, I gotta get that video done hopefully toomarow!!!!

I've had 200 ft^2 of damplifier sitting in my closet for a few years, now that I have a car worthy of taking care of I think it may be time to install it. I only ordered 100 ft^2 but they said there was a manufacturing defect in that batch so they gave me an extra 100 ft^2 for free, good deal imo. Something to do while I wait for the 1000D to get in stock eh?

That "manufacturing defect" could make it not so worthwhile to install. I'd sell it and buy something from SDS.

I've had 200 ft^2 of damplifier sitting in my closet for a few years, now that I have a car worthy of taking care of I think it may be time to install it. I only ordered 100 ft^2 but they said there was a manufacturing defect in that batch so they gave me an extra 100 ft^2 for free, good deal imo. Something to do while I wait for the 1000D to get in stock eh?

What was the defect? Will we see a thread on here about damplifier and simultaneous combustion in the next few days? :trippy: