dbrown23

Enclosure design programs

I was wondering if anyone new of any good enclosure design programs, the only one i know of is term pro. I was just wondering if there were any out there that were better. I am trying to do some experement ing with some bandpass enclosures.

WinISD will do both 4th and 6th order, but does require that you have some background in understanding the parameters. Either way all programs sort of do, IMO you should never use their recommendation but instead tailor your design to your install and use the software to predict what will happen.

Is that software free? I have WinISD but far as enclosure design i use just pencil and paper. I have to learn the hands on way haha...which is a little more expensive.

Yes, free and it destroys the $100 ones.

I have used the term pro before, but honestly what it recommended for the bandpass sounded horrible. The speaker popped whenever the bass hit it was just a big mess up.

I have used the term pro before, but honestly what it recommended for the bandpass sounded horrible. The speaker popped whenever the bass hit it was just a big mess up.

You should never follow the "recommended" enclosure from any program. I actually wish they didn't give you one as the way they input the environment sucks on all of them. And we all know that install is 90% of the game anyways which means understanding your environment. If you just use it to model the excursion, power handling, and response though they work really well.

*never used term pro can't say good or bad, but WinISD has plenty of power. Doing the math by hand isn't that hard either.