Dammed

How to recognize a good SQ amplifier?

Just buy the most expensive one you can afford. Then, even if it sounds like shit, it will still be the best since it cost the most. That is the only thing that makes "audiophiles" believe they have golden ears.

I have bronze ears at best. :tehe:

...... Not to sound pompous, or full of ourselves here, but before you buy, ask us here. We won't try to peddle you a product, or give you false information. A bunch of good guys here.

Very well said. :drink40:

Thx for the link again Impious. ;) A lot of good info on the forum. :drink40:

Well, I have narrowed down my options quite a bit.

It has come down to these amps, and the order is what I think atm is the best choice:

1. Soundstream Reference 4.920

reason: Lots of power, 4x145W rms, Hawkins Boost Control, a good review of the smaller brother: LINK, and the looks are quite nice. (note: the power is slightly over rated on the little brother, but sill quite acceptable considering the price and features IMO)

dats.jpg

2dcisno.jpg

2. Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4

reason: RF quality, 4x131W rms (birthsheet data @ 14.4V)

sanpham11242363394.jpg

T600-4_3_l.jpg

3. Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

reason, Good rep from members of this forum, 4x100W rms, underrated power, my wild guess maybe around 4x110/120W rms. Good features and intriguing becuase it's unknown where I'm from.

SAX-1004_overview_LG.jpg

sax_1004_internals_lg__15130.jpg

The features on those three are quite the same, but Soundstream has the best with the larger range of the crossovers and the Hawkin Boost Control. The review looks good, but it's hinting to heating problems. Question here's are they still Smoke Stream? :peepwall:

The Rockford has lots of power as well, looks quite good, and has the same features as the Sundown amp, as far as my sleepy eyes sees it. Since it has more power (on paper at least) and because it's RF (easier to sell if I want to change) it's on 2.nd place.

The Sundown Audio amp was my first choice to begin with before I checked all the other amps, only reason it's at 3. place is because it's unknown (hard to sell) an it has a little less power then the RF amp.

What do you guys think I should go for? And please say why you think so. I have very little use for ""Sundown Audio / RF / Soundstream FTW!!! :woot: """ replies. :popcorn:

All three are great options IMO. The Sundown and SS having more control/features then the RF. If the SoundStream pops, it might be pricey to fix. Any of them will have plenty of power.