Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

Xcon and Audiopipe AP1800D?

Ok, gettin a little worried about all the warnings I have recieved that the HDC3s don't get low and have a funny hollow sound to them. Just sayin, if more then 3 people tell you that you look like a jackass, you might want to take a look in the mirror, lol. So, I am really liking the Xcon 12 D2. Plays low, sounds great, and is a sexy driver to boot. Question is, do you think a Xcon 12 D2 and a Audiopipe AP18001D would be a good match. I know what alot of people will say about AP, but I know they are solid amps that do rated power. Lookin at a box 2.2^3 net tuned at 32Hz. I listen to mostly rap, but also do some oldies like Al Green and a little rock. I want a low and loud daily ground pounder. I think the Xcon is the perfect sub for me. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Why don't you keep your MB Quart amp ? 2000 watts is a lot for the xcon, so you just turn down the gain.

The Audiopipe may be a good match with your sub, but not better than the dsc 2000.1.

Why don't you keep your MB Quart amp ? 2000 watts is a lot for the xcon, so you just turn down the gain.

The Audiopipe may be a good match with your sub, but not better than the dsc 2000.1.

Can't afford both, lol. I could do the DSC1500.1D but I figured the AP18001D would be a better match.

Where's denim when you need him, lol.

that amp should match up perfectly. Just like any other sub though, it will last much longer with a clean unclipped signal.

Where's denim when you need him, lol.

Right here, was dealing with a bounced check from a customer. Anyway, just as Mark said above me, that amp should be fine. Keep in mind the gain settings and the Xcon will provide great performance.

that amp should match up perfectly. Just like any other sub though, it will last much longer with a clean unclipped signal.

Thank you sir. Straight from the man himself, lol. Still gettin used to having questions answered by the owner of the company. I will be setting my gains properly and not using any bass boost or loud buttons. Thanks.

Thank you sir. Straight from the man himself, lol. Still gettin used to having questions answered by the owner of the company. I will be setting my gains properly and not using any bass boost or loud buttons. Thanks.

:drink40:

I'd get the AP1500D if it's cheaper as they do about the same power. I think last I saw the AP1800 does around 1400w RMS. Good amps for the money but can't expect much more than that with 4ga terminals and most likely less than 150amp of fuses.

Thanks for all the input guys, think I'm gonna stick with the AQ HDC3 and DSC2000.1D and give it a chance. Appreciate the info.

Get an amp that does 1500 watts and you will be fine, you dont have to throw recommended power at a sub for it to perform well just make sure you dont send clipped signals. If you do get a 2000 watt amplifier as said before just turn the gain down and watch how you control the volume knob. An amp that fits your budget with the power you want and a good company then you will be fine.

Get an amp that does 1500 watts and you will be fine, you dont have to throw recommended power at a sub for it to perform well just make sure you dont send clipped signals. If you do get a 2000 watt amplifier as said before just turn the gain down and watch how you control the volume knob. An amp that fits your budget with the power you want and a good company then you will be fine.

Which would be better suited for a low and loud daily ground pounder for mostly rap and some oldies r&b and rock? Both in a 2.2^3 net box, xcon @ 32Hz and hdc3 @ 36Hz. Both off of 1500 to 2000 watts? DO you think I would sacrifice output for low end with the xcon?

You need to make a compromise and determine what you want because you cant have both (car audio is full of compromises). I dont think you want lows because you wouldnt be worried about making a 36Hz tuned enclosure. The one that will be better is the one that fits your goals and sound preference, until you make those up in your mind you will be at a stand still all day long. Before looking for equipment, worry about your goals and budget then you can make some easy decisions.

The 36Hz tuned enclosure comes from DJ at AQ and is the lowest recomended for the HDC3, so yeah I am lookin for the lows. The HDC3 is said to play well into the low 30s high 20s while tuned at 36Hz, but alot of people have complained about it sounding hollow or something and not being low enough. Budget for sub and amp is around $600 for both. So you think if I go with the Xcon, I would be fine with 1500 watts rms. I am sure the DSC1500.1D would have a cleaner signal than the Audiopipe but I was worried about not having enough output.

The 36Hz tuned enclosure comes from DJ at AQ and is the lowest recomended for the HDC3, so yeah I am lookin for the lows. The HDC3 is said to play well into the low 30s high 20s while tuned at 36Hz, but alot of people have complained about it sounding hollow or something and not being low enough. Budget for sub and amp is around $600 for both. So you think if I go with the Xcon, I would be fine with 1500 watts rms. I am sure the DSC1500.1D would have a cleaner signal than the Audiopipe but I was worried about not having enough output.

Cleaner signal would probably be the Audiopipe since it has more rms and wont have you trying to send more power to the sub than you have like you would probably do with MB Quart since you know it doesnt do the rms of the sub. Most people tend to do that not thinking they are clipping the amp, 1500 rms is good for the Xcon. You should be worried about a great box, good install and the electrical to back everything up; equipment should be the least to worry about. It is hard to go off other peoples reviews because that is there sound preference, they might think it doesnt get low and it sounds hollow but you probably wont. Finding a sub that fits your goals will treat you better than trying to go with whats cheap and what you dont want. So take your time to understand what you want from a subwoofer and go from there.

You dont have to give a sub its full rms or more, there is no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer.

You dont have to give a sub its full rms or more, there is no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer.

x2 ^^^. 1000 is plenty, 1500 is great, 1750 is great too, but not required. If the higher quality amplifier puts out 300 less watts, no big deal, as there will not be too much difference in output. :)