I am posting this topic for a friend. I cannot figure out what is wrong with this thing. Here is what is going on.

Voltage remains steady.

When subs are off the front speakers do not cut out reguardless of volume.

When the subs are on the front speakers cut out at higher volumes.

I disconnected one speaker at a time at the amp and ran each speaker separately and they front left cut out when connected and the front right cut out when connected.

I checked all the connections near the amp and everything seems to be fine.

The gains are also set below normal.

What could be wrong? The amplifier is not bad because it would have cut out with the subs off.

Not enough signal to the amp, maybe RCA's are getting pinched somewhere?

I am posting this topic for a friend. I cannot figure out what is wrong with this thing. Here is what is going on.

Voltage remains steady.

I disconnected one speaker at a time at the amp and ran each speaker separately and they front left cut out when connected and the front right cut out when connected.

What could be wrong? The amplifier is not bad because it would have cut out with the subs off.

It sounds like an rca problem or something on the amp may be loose causing it to vibrate more than normal when the subs are running.

Voltage remains steady.

It sounds like an rca problem or something on the amp may be loose causing it to vibrate more than normal when the subs are running.

I was thinking to myself that it might be something loose on the amp. When I get my 125.2 back I will put mine in his car and test it out. I am curious to why you guys think it would be an rca problem. If it were an rca problem wouldn't the problem persist with the subs off?

Voltage remains steady.

I doubt it.

My guess is that his front stage amp is more prone to cutting out due to voltage issues and when the sub is on he has some.

Well I had plenty of rca problems where the rca jacks were messed up and only cut off if I turned, my subs were thumping or hit a bump. Other times it was the rcas being pinched or bent when getting plugged in with tight spaces. Usually to tell just let the system play with no subs and shake the rca wire by the amp, not hard or anything. If it doesnt cut out then more than likely it is the amp.

Voltage remains steady.

I doubt it.

My guess is that his front stage amp is more prone to cutting out due to voltage issues and when the sub is on he has some.

I am thinking it is voltage issues too. I looked on the dash and it was at 13.5. I'll have to check with the dmm. Also I will try the rca thing.