Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

Home Audio questions

So I have looked around in the internet and found out that you can install car audio stuff with a power supply. My brother fixes computers so i have plenty of those :woot: I have a pioneer head unit. and 1 12 inch sub and was wondering if i can connect those to my computer. Along with an amp to power the sub.

So I have looked around in the internet and found out that you can install car audio stuff with a power supply. My brother fixes computers so i have plenty of those :woot: I have a pioneer head unit. and 1 12 inch sub and was wondering if i can connect those to my computer. Along with an amp to power the sub.

You sure can.

You sure can.

oh alright thanks. Just wondering if from the psu the wire in it is not that thick my amp has 4awg wiring inputs.

You sure can.

oh alright thanks. Just wondering if from the psu the wire in it is not that thick my amp has 4awg wiring inputs.

How large is the power supply?

You sure can.

How large is the power supply?

I have 2 500 watt power supplies and 1 800 watt BFG PSU

Connect multiple molexes and maybe shorter wire connections.

For the remove make a switch from the positive wire. In other words put a positive wire in the remote but put a switch in the middle so you can turn the amp when you want.

Connect multiple molexes and maybe shorter wire connections.

For the remove make a switch from the positive wire. In other words put a positive wire in the remote but put a switch in the middle so you can turn the amp when you want.

oh alright. But if i have a HU can't i just connect the rem. from the HU and so on

Oh I forgot about the HU. Yes you can wire the remote from the HU.

If you wire the amp to your computer and don't use a HU, then you can use a switch for on and off. ;)

If you wire the amp to your computer and don't use a HU, then you can use a switch for on and off. ;)

oh ok but you mean the switch on the psu. If i dont have a psu

oh ok but you mean the switch on the psu. If i dont have a psu

Now I've forgot about the switch in the back of the PSU :D ... You can do that too. No other needed.