Sign in to follow this  
bdogg81

15'' vega stroker?/?

i'm lookin at buying a 15'' old school stroker for $100, but the dual 4 ohm coils are metering 3 ohm do you guys think it has much playing life or should i not buy it.

i'm lookin at buying a 15'' old school stroker for $100, but the dual 4 ohm coils are metering 3 ohm do you guys think it has much playing life or should i not buy it.

Measuing 3ohms if fine. It simply means the coils are a little less resistive cold, than when they have been playing for a few hours.

Measuing 3ohms if fine. It simply means the coils are a little less resistive cold, than when they have been playing for a few hours.

No. Re (DC resistance) will always be lower than the nominal load (4 ohms) by about 10-25%. I just took the DMM to my dual 2 ohm sub the other day and each coil read 1.6-1.8 ohms. Very normal.

Those strokers sound great. I had a friend that had two 15's in a suv and they got loud and were pretty accurate doing it. This was back in the late 90's