basshead123

kicker cvx or alpine type r

lol at bromo. i have had a type r and it got pretty damn loud. it really depends on the enclosure, but the type r was definately a beast for the price. i have never heard a cvx tho.

which sub would get louder on the spl side?Both would be running off the saz 1500..

Hopefully you will be running it at two ohms, and too many factors to tell you especially with the amount of information you gave us. Just go buy both and come back to us and let us know which one did better.

Cvx all day over type-r

Whichever one is in a superior enclosure will be louder.

Cvx all day over type-r

I wont lie i Love my CVX's I have a friend with type R's They don't impress me at all..

I really think it boils down to personal preference, if you can find both in there respected enclosures and give them a listen then they will help you make a better decision if these are the two subs you have your eye on.

Cvx all day over type-r

coming from the dude with almost everything kicker in his sig...

Edited by Gioia69

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

PT3005, can you provide us with some test results to validate that? If not then don't make such a worthless reply.

Cvx all day over type-r

whats that suppost to mean.

That you probably are biased with your preference.

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

PT3005, can you provide us with some test results to validate that? If not then don't make such a worthless reply.

well first of i was an audio installer. and have installed various amp and sub combo's. and have worked with alpine type-r subs installs the best install being two type-r 12 in a ported box and a kicker zx1500.1 in to a jeep cherokee dont get me wrong they got nice and loud but compared to my other install of two kicker cvx 12 in a ported box powered by a old school kicker kx1200.1 in a honda accord they seemed louder. to me the type r's are more compared to the kicker cvr's with the type r's being better, but not better than the cvx. So i dont knock alpine at all but comparing the type r to the cvx i would go with the cvx if ur going for spl. And for the person who said comin from the dude with almost everything kicker in his sig the reason why everything is kicker is because my old job had 70% off all kicker products so yeah i forgot to mention my kicker rca's and my kicker 1/0 amp wires and kicker fuse holder with the kicker 150amp fuse....any more reasons to hate?

Over at ROE they tested the CVX in their great 12 challenge (can't seem to find the results page now). The CVX placed 4th in overall average SPL on 800 watts, and this was with other woofers receiving as much as 2kW RMS. It also had a nice broad plateau of near-max SPL (i think it was something like 132 or 135 dB) throughout much of its frequency range. But like I said earlier, i cant find the page with the exact test results on it so im not sure on the exact dB level.

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

well first of i was an audio installer. and have installed various amp and sub combo's. and have worked with alpine type-r subs installs the best install being two type-r 12 in a ported box and a kicker zx1500.1 in to a jeep cherokee dont get me wrong they got nice and loud but compared to my other install of two kicker cvx 12 in a ported box powered by a old school kicker kx1200.1 in a honda accord they seemed louder. to me the type r's are more compared to the kicker cvr's with the type r's being better, but not better than the cvx. So i dont knock alpine at all but comparing the type r to the cvx i would go with the cvx if ur going for spl. And for the person who said comin from the dude with almost everything kicker in his sig the reason why everything is kicker is because my old job had 70% off all kicker products so yeah i forgot to mention my kicker rca's and my kicker 1/0 amp wires and kicker fuse holder with the kicker 150amp fuse....any more reasons to hate?

That's installation dependent.

Over at ROE they tested the CVX in their great 12 challenge (can't seem to find the results page now). The CVX placed 4th in overall average SPL on 800 watts, and this was with other woofers receiving as much as 2kW RMS. It also had a nice broad plateau of near-max SPL (i think it was something like 132 or 135 dB) throughout much of its frequency range. But like I said earlier, i cant find the page with the exact test results on it so im not sure on the exact dB level.

That again, installation dependent.

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

That's installation dependent.

That again, installation dependent.

again i see what you are saying I just dont know why i have to explain myself if you already answered the question. but im guessing because im a noob on this forum and my answers dont mean anything, but hey im still going to be here

again i see what you are saying I just dont know why i have to explain myself if you already answered the question. but im guessing because im a noob on this forum and my answers dont mean anything, but hey im still going to be here

We don't want misinformation floating around on here.

Your more than welcome to stay here, I'm not trying to get you to leave.

We don't want misinformation floating around on here.

Your more than welcome to stay here, I'm not trying to get you to leave.

well im no here to do that, thats the only reason i commented on this post is because i heard both of these subs with my own two ears and so did the customers, I just felt put on the spot just because of my sig, I did not go around on this forum posting kicker is the best compare the specs of the cvx vs the type r. and with your answer your saying two 100watt rms 12s can be louder than your current set up in spl because "Whichever one is in a superior enclosure will be louder" im I correct? or wrong?

simple solution

BUY ONE OF EACH :D

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

lol it doesnt matter why your running all kicker shit, the fact is that you ARE indeed running all kicker shit, so its pretty hard to think your not going to be a little biased towards the product that you listen to every day. and i would definitly call this hating by any means, id call it logic. you see a guy with all kicker shit in his signature, claiming the cvx dominates the type r with no decent explanation or any kind of questions about what kind of car or how much space available, etc., in the car of the person who asked the question. and you cant compare the type r's in a cherokee over cvx's in an accord, the accord is smaller and is going to have more cabin gain! for all we know you could have been burping 50hz tones in the accord and playing music in the cherokee, too, because you didnt even specify. :noob:

Edited by Gioia69

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

lol it doesnt matter why your running all kicker shit, the fact is that you ARE indeed running all kicker shit, so its pretty hard to think your not going to be a little biased towards the product that you listen to every day. and i would definitly call this hating by any means, id call it logic. you see a guy with all kicker shit in his signature, claiming the cvx dominates the type r with no decent explanation or any kind of questions about what kind of car or how much space available, etc., in the car of the person who asked the question. and you cant compare the type r's in a cherokee over cvx's in an accord, the accord is smaller and is going to have more cabin gain! for all we know you could have been burping 50hz tones in the accord and playing music in the cherokee, too, because you didnt even specify. :noob:

do you run all alpine ?

both are great subs, either way you won't be disappointed.

Cvx all day over type-r

Good call.

keep on hating its all good :popcorn: because your putting on a good show and showing your level of maturity. and no i play the same cd in every car that install subs in that has a variety of music on it. But i see your quick to judge just because i have kicker gear in my sig. then when i explain the reason why you still on my N-U-T's, but its all good it feels good to have haters :woot: i am not here trying to bash on alpine products what so ever just that some people are quick to judge based on specs the cvx is better than the type-r , but hey if want to keep this up i can go all night :nuts: