Hanapi

Noise help

I recently installed an inexpensive amp (Pyramid 4 channel 1600w) for the 4 mids and highs but now have a noise when ever I turn up the gains of this amp.

I have a noise filter on the positive lead to the radio but still have this.

Can this be from the cheap amp or the Iraggi alternator?

It was not there before.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

JR

I recently installed an inexpensive amp (Pyramid 4 channel 1600w) for the 4 mids and highs but now have a noise when ever I turn up the gains of this amp.

It was not there before.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

JR

I have heard where the ho alternator could be a problem but I would suggest you check your amp and headunits grounds (they me be bad).

It was not there before.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

JR

I have heard where the ho alternator could be a problem but I would suggest you check your amp and headunits grounds (they me be bad).

Hey Jay-cee,

Wassup. How were the holidays? Hope all that is good come your way this year.

The amp is connected directly to the batt and so is the radio. You suggest another ground directly to the body?. I already have the big 3 done. This is why I'm lost..

Make sure the grounds for everything (battery, head unit, amp, etc.) have a very good ground with the paint sanded off.

Sometimes cheap amps pick up noise easier than higher quality amps. If the amp is all you changed and the wires and everything stayed the same as the previous amp, the amplifier seems to be the biggest suspect. But try redoing the grounds as well. If all else fails you can get a ground loop isolator to put on the RCAs.

Make sure the grounds for everything (battery, head unit, amp, etc.) have a very good ground with the paint sanded off.

Sometimes cheap amps pick up noise easier than higher quality amps. If the amp is all you changed and the wires and everything stayed the same as the previous amp, the amplifier seems to be the biggest suspect. But try redoing the grounds as well. If all else fails you can get a ground loop isolator to put on the RCAs.

ok...will redo all this afternoon.

I am not using the RCA's for input but the speaker wires coming from the radio.

Thanks,

JR

ok...will redo all this afternoon.

I am not using the RCA's for input but the speaker wires coming from the radio.

Thanks,

JR

Rechecked all wires. From battery to radio to amp to speakers and back.

Even installed an additional ground directly from the radio to the chassis of the car but the damn noise is still there.

What a pain in da butt...

Question.

I did blow a fuse over the weekend by a short that I accidentally made.

Could this have damaged the noise filter in anyway??

Maybe I should try an additional noise filter..what do you think??

Good call!!!

Figured out what was causing the noise.

Swapped the Amp out for another Hifoincs and also used shielded RCA cables.

Noise and whine are gone.

Awesome.

Edited by Hanapi

Glad to see you got it working, yeah those cheap amps and headunits will be the cause most of the time.

Yup,

That will teach me to skim on the rest of the system.

Big difference.

Am thinking of adding another amp and adding two more mids and highs tomorrow.

Hope to fine tune it. This stuff is in an E-350 Van so I have a big area to fill.

Yeah trust me I have been there on the skimping idea just to get by and where I skimped at years ago is still causing me to spend money till this day to do it right. Now it is do it right or dont do it all, glad we could be of some assistance.