SoCalSQ

February 20th MECA SQ Show @ Autorama Sacramento

This will be the first MECA show in California. I have decided to promote MECA shows this year instead of IASCA. Please stop by the MECA website: http://www.mecacaraudio.com/ The rule books are FREE! (Imagine that) Just print them out.

I will be running the So Cal shows and Aubrey Carter will be handling the Nor Cal shows. Jeff and Andy from World Champions and World Class Judges Test Your Boom™ will be doing SPL at the events that allow us to have SPL.

The website for the Autorama show is : RodShows.com - The Longest Running Indoor Car Shows in the World!

The entry fee for this show is : $30

The show will begin at : 10am and run until judging is finished.

We will be offering all classes of MECA SQ

You can pre-register by contacting me ( Todd Woodworth ) at :

twoodworth@ca.rr.com or by phone at (909) 816-2640

The entry fee includes entry to the show. Normal entry is $18 ea. and parking is $10 for the "normal" people attending the show so you can do the math really quick and realize you're getting a $28 value plus competing in the MECA show for $30, which is a hell of a deal.

I'd like to thank Fred Lynch and Arc Audio for helping to make this a possibility. Their continued support of sound quality in the automobile has made many of the SQ shows on the west coast possible.

This will be an awesome event and a great way to kick off the 2010 season in Cali for MECA. I know many of you from my shows last year. You can expect bigger and better shows this year.

We will be incorporating SPL at the shows at any venue that will let us. In addition, I expect much more industry support this year, as well.

See you there

-Todd

Alright! A northern Cali show. Ive been to the Autoramas here before but its been awhile. I'll be there.trink40.gif

I'll be there!

Will you be entering the SQ comp or just visiting? Id love to enter an spl comp if they were going to have one but they arent.

Will you be entering the SQ comp or just visiting? Id love to enter an spl comp if they were going to have one but they arent.

My car won't be ready so I'll just be a spectator.

They are having an SPL comp there as well, it's sponsored by Sonic FX/Gately Audio/****

dBDRA Official Event: Gately Audio

dBDRA Official Event: ****

Sweet.trink40.gif I want to compete but in what class i have no idea. I emailed the person at Diablo Audio that was linked to the event. I asked him for a info on how and what class to register in. Hopefully I'll get it all sorted out by then.

Sweet.trink40.gif I want to compete but in what class i have no idea. I emailed the person at Diablo Audio that was linked to the event. I asked him for a info on how and what class to register in. Hopefully I'll get it all sorted out by then.

Do you know what your setup hits numbers wise? There's so many different things that dictate what class you can compete in, it depends on how many subs you have, how many alts, if your box is above the window line, if you have a wall, it's crazy. But that's for bass racing, IIRC, for dbDrag I don't know that it matters. Or maybe it's the other way around :trippy:

You can check out the rules here

dBDRA Rules - Master Index

http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2010/rules.asp?Org_ID=2

That might give you a better idea on things

Edited by SQLMonte

Do you know what your setup hits numbers wise? There's so many different things that dictate what class you can compete in, it depends on how many subs you have, how many alts, if your box is above the window line, if you have a wall, it's crazy. But that's for bass racing, IIRC, for dbDrag I don't know that it matters. Or maybe it's the other way around trippy.gif

You can check out the rules here

dBDRA Rules - Master Index

http://www.termpro.c...es.asp?Org_ID=2

That might give you a better idea on things

I havent ever had any car metered before. This will be my first comp of any kind. I remember the window line thing from reading a while ago and Im right under the back window with my enclosure.

Most of the rules Im reading all have the car sealed up with the owner outside. What are the classes where the door is open and you sit inside? This is a lot more complicated than I thought.

Um... you do know that this is a MECA show, right?

You linked him to DbDrag's rules which are WAY different.

Go to www.mecacaraudio.com and download the rule book.

Yes, I know its Meca for the SQ comp I believe. I think its both entities that are putting this on. Meca for SQ and DbDrag for SPL?

Thanks, shizzon for the help. I'll chech out those rules as well.

When I visit the Meca site it says that it will only be SQ, Install, and RTA. So...DbDrab will do the SPL at the event then? Im confused.

I just want to get metered and have some fun seeing some bad ass rides in the meantime

I havent ever had any car metered before. This will be my first comp of any kind. I remember the window line thing from reading a while ago and Im right under the back window with my enclosure.

Most of the rules Im reading all have the car sealed up with the owner outside. What are the classes where the door is open and you sit inside? This is a lot more complicated than I thought.

LOL. Yeah, it seems like alot at first but once you get your hands dirty with it it's not much at all, at that point the hardest part becomes "hmm, do I want to compete in 29's or 39's?" I would highly suggest you get a little meter time so you can figure out #1, what your system peaks at, #2, what songs and what frequencies you get best numbers with. I mean, you can usually get in a little practice time if you get to the show early, Doug is pretty good about that, but the more practice you can get the better.

You can sit inside the car if you want, you don't have to be outside it, most guys sit inside with ear muffs on (which are provided by Doug), but yes, the car is always sealed up with the meter on the windshield like 6" or so above the dash, IIRC. They have a class where you can have a door open, it's called Psyclone, they also check for "SQ" on that one as well.

MECA is sponsoring the SQ event, dbDrag is sponsoring the SPL event.

When I visit the Meca site it says that it will only be SQ, Install, and RTA. So...DbDrab will do the SPL at the event then? Im confused.

I just want to get metered and have some fun seeing some bad ass rides in the meantime

Yes, these shows are not one in the same, MECA will be at one location, dbDrag at another. Both at Cal Expo's Autorama but not done alongside each other. Yes, dbDrag will be putting on the SPL event. Doug is the MC of these events and he's a very knowledgeable and helpful guy so I highly suggest you talk to him as much as you can before the show so you know what to expect and can/can't do. You will definitely have fun and see some insane setups, some of those guys are hardcore and go above and beyond. At these SPL events you can choose what you want to compete in, dbDrag/BassRace/Psyclone. dbDrag is burps only, BassRace is a 30 second "race" against another competitor with the goal being to slowly increase your SPL until you end up with the perfect score (129.9, 139.9, 149.9) at the end of the run. The score is your SPL reading, and if you exceed the perfect score at any time during the run you're basically DQ'd, they call it "breaking out."

Psyclone is your loudest SPL reading but you can have any 1 door open, as well as "SQ" testing where they hook up an RTA and measure how well your system covers the range of frequencies. The highest combined scored wins that competition.

Well good luck out there bro, hope you do as good as you hope to. Just a suggestion though, stay away from the 29.9's if you can, heavyweight competition in that class!

Edited by SQLMonte

Thanks a lot for all the info. You explained it very well and it helped me a bunch.

Im looking at entering either the Bass Race or Psyclone. Dont know what class of Bass Race as I have never metered my truck before. Im going to email Doug with some questions and hopefully I can get a practice run or something to see what class I should be in.

I figure to use some Jeezy as it seems to hit the hardest out of the music I have. Maybe Gucci Mane.

Im excited for the show!ban2.gifwoot.gif