Sign in to follow this  
indep

brand new fi q 10 rattling noise

i recently ordered a fi q 10 and it came in today i hooked it up to my RF p6002 wired 4 ohms and when ever i turn the volume up i hear a awful rattling noise it sounds like it is coming from under the dust cap. i read through the forum and found another person that had the same problem and i think it said his dust cap broke the glue loose or something. if this is the problem how do i fix it? and what do i need to do to fix it? again this is a brand new sub and has never been used before. does fi even test the subs before sending them out?

im sure they dont test every single one...do u know how many subwoofers they sell a day? make sure it is nothing else, like the box not well built, and make sure u have a tight seal all the way around the box and the sub itself. then if u didnt fix it, take the dust cap off and take a look and pics. post the pics on here, people will chime in if there is something that doesnt look right.

Normally they will test all the speakers; they want to make sure everything is aligned. They would rather not be forced to pay for shipping back to them because the coil wasn't aligned properly.

It does sound like something is under the dustcap or part of the glue joint came undone.

im sure they dont test every single one...do u know how many subwoofers they sell a day? make sure it is nothing else, like the box not well built, and make sure u have a tight seal all the way around the box and the sub itself. then if u didnt fix it, take the dust cap off and take a look and pics. post the pics on here, people will chime in if there is something that doesnt look right.

i thought it might be the box aswell but its not i pulled the box out and did some free air and still the same noise.

Was the box good and clean inside? Might have sucked something up in the pole vent.

If you turn the sub upside down and shake it, can you hear anything hitting the dust cap?

Was the box good and clean inside? Might have sucked something up in the pole vent.

If you turn the sub upside down and shake it, can you hear anything hitting the dust cap?

nope cant hear anything moving in there.

We always hate to hear that. We want things to go out the door and never come back... means people are happy and product is durable.

We absolutely test every driver with a full range sine sweep at a power rating depending on the driver series. All drivers are tested free air to ensure no rub, buzz, or any other issues and that each coil is properly functioning.

Did the box come in looking like an elephant sat on it or was it looking OK?

Do you still have the original packaging? If so we can get UPS to pick it back up and get it back to us to test. We will repair or replace it ASAP.

Thanks,

Scott

We always hate to hear that. We want things to go out the door and never come back... means people are happy and product is durable.

We absolutely test every driver with a full range sine sweep at a power rating depending on the driver series. All drivers are tested free air to ensure no rub, buzz, or any other issues and that each coil is properly functioning.

Did the box come in looking like an elephant sat on it or was it looking OK?

Do you still have the original packaging? If so we can get UPS to pick it back up and get it back to us to test. We will repair or replace it ASAP.

Thanks,

Scott

yes i still have the packing because it just came in yesterday haha the box looks fine no damage or anything. i hooked up a old alpine type r to my amp to see if there was somthing wrong with my amp but it played flawlessly.. here is a video of what it is sounding like maybe this will help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEjp8gQ3Rg

Thanks

hah sorry about the profane music playing didnt even pay attention to what song was playing.

Edited by indep

Sign in to follow this