flemmz76

ssd looks great but would the Q be worth the difference

I see a problem with cancellation in the future, but you never know till you try.

I see a problem with cancellation in the future, but you never know till you try.

Where do you see a problem with cancellation. Is it the box , or the trunk?

Sealing the trunk.

trunc.jpg

Sealing the trunk.

The panels I built are just a frame with the centers cut out and wrapped with fleece. I didnt really think it would seal the air off , at least to a noticable difference. what do you think?

Edited by bubba

I was under the impression that it was solid wood, never mind I doubt you'd have a problem then.

I was under the impression that it was solid wood, never mind I doubt you'd have a problem then.

Sweet. Ya I thought it was kind of common sence to cut it out you know. Thanks for looking out.I'm trying to make a gallery but i"m having a problem with my profile. Any ideas..

Looks good. What do you think of the ssd?

Looks good. What do you think of the ssd?

Well it got here so fast I really didn't have time to prepare myself, but when I took it out of the box I knew good things were in my future. This sub was so tight I could barely move it . That was friday and to tell you the truth buying a sub you've never heard or seen I was like this will get loader it will just wait a week or so. Please get loader. But just like some one else said this thing is starting to come alive.. Its only been three day's but I think I'll keep it..

My last reply was alittle mest up. The ssd did'nt produce that much bass at first but each day I listen to it , it just gets louder and louder . Monday I tell you it was pounding. I like it alot!! and I cant wait tell I get the other one.. Thanks everybody for all the reviews and all the good help.. I love car audio thats made in the U.S.A...

I was doing some thinkin this week. Can you guys help? So I have been running 1 ssd 12d2 in 4ohm off my alphasonik1200da, not in 2 ohm because my weakass alternator only has 85 amps altogether. I have a 60 amp fuse in line and it has never blown. So I figure im getting about 40 to 58 amps to the alphasonik at any given time. So thats about 400 to 650 watts of power at best to the ssd12. My box is on the small side at 1.6 cuft with the sub in it tuned to 34 hz. I plan on getting a high output alternator in the future. My question is a hard one to describe. Would I get a noticeable difference in sound? More bass ? How much more bass would you think if the box was around 2.2 cuft at 32-34 hz.... If its alot more output I might not need another ssd, at least for me. I know I can just build the box to find out but thought I would ask your opinions first. Thanks..

The larger enclosure would make your SSD more efficient, making it louder. That's a good way to compensate for less power as well ;)

Thanks , thats a good techninal way to describe it. Maybe if I ever have time I can build a box to hear the diff, its allways fun to play around with car audio..If anyone has done this please let me know what happend.. thanks