Quicktifier

There is one user on here that uses this and i have searched and found no comparison to the before and after results of this device installed on a vehicle.

Basically, it's main purpose is to make your alternator more efficient under load or stress.

When the alt is getting hot, this will help to prevent loss of output as much.

Whereas i've also been trying to find direct results of alt failure, #1 being directed to heat which in turn #1 part to fail is the Bridge rectifier.

So... this is where i'm at right now.

Time + Current = heat

you can run hundreds or even thousands of amps for a couple seconds off a stock alternator as long as it doesnt heat up so fast it dies which is unlikely.

So... when using an alternator for long durations under a load, let's say not max output but 75% of it's rating for long periods of time... it's gonna continuously get hotter and hotter.

This Quicktifier device is suppose to relieve the load off the internal bridge so it can do the majority of the work. It's cooled as well.

So my question is this- by abusing an alternator in terms of making it work under heavy loads for long durations, does it sound like this Quicktifier system would relieve that stress by reducing heat buildup from within the alternator?

The company says it should only be used on an alternator that is already of proper ampacity but if the current alternator isn't and the user knows it... would this device prolong or possibly prevent alt failure due to heat?

I'm not tryin to say that someone is intentionally gonna use this in place of a higher output alternator when needed, but when using an alternator under HEAVY loads for no more than a minute or so and then manually charge a battery bank back up... wouldn't this device allow the alt to be more durable under possible stress from short term use?

I know i said long term use before but am still curious about that usage as well. I've never seen anyone talk about this device before anywhere and want some people's opinions on it.

There is nothing special about these. They are just a normal rectifier mounted outboard. It's common sense to take the parts away from the heat, but this is only needed in a SEVERE application. Not worth the time and hassle for a daily vehicle, nor really much for a competition vehicle either as you are mostly dependent upon the battery bank. The funny part is, they are running it in parallel with the rectifier already on the alt which is doing nothing.

If you're really concerned about this problem, you'd invest in an alt that is designed for external rectification and voltage regulation in the first place. This is what you will find in emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks.

In a parallel circuit the total current is the sum of the currents through the individual components. that's why we run more than one battery in a high out put system so we have the extra current and storage capacity on hand. but the case with the alternator you buy one with a 250 amp stator but the bridge rectifier only is rated at 200. that's fine for a short duty cycle but long term it will heat up and lose efficiency heat some more and burn up. so you add to it lets say two more in "parallel" then the amp rating for you rectifiers is 600 amps and your locating it out side of the alternator case for reduced heat, and that is needed, especially in the small cased alt found in some of the smaller cars. when i upgraded from the 200 to my 350 amp stator i added the 410 box for the added rectifier capacity. its easy enough to build your own if you wanted to. When i was gone from home getting ready for deployment my batteries had a drain on them when i came home on pass i was able was able to charge all five from around 8 volts. i just went for a nice long drive, and my alt had no problems doing it. and my two sundown 3000d use a lot of current "daily" I'm tickled with the set up.

my set up