i have a 2000 f250 i am going to buy a sae 1200d and a sax 50.4 refurb. just wanted to know if this was good

i am going to put it on 2 sa-8 or 2 IA 187 10 or RE SR 10 whats your vote

i have alpine type r mids and highs

a pioneer hu

and i will be doing the big 3 and a vote meter

just want to know if this is right???

or anything else i can add

Is there a specific DB for hairtricks????

oh and i believe the stock alt is 130a

Edited by cheese20323

i have a 2000 f250 i am going to buy a sae 1200d and a sax 50.4 refurb. just wanted to know if this was good

a pioneer hu

What type of music do you listen to? Is that your goal hairtricks?

I have heard the RE and the sa-8s, liked them both, but was real suprised by the 8s.

a pioneer hu

What type of music do you listen to? Is that your goal hairtricks?

I have heard the RE and the sa-8s, liked them both, but was real suprised by the 8s.

doing hairtricks is not my goal but would love to actually do some but if not possible then no

i've heard RE too and was impressed just never heard the SA-8

considering that i only have a limited space 2 cubesto be exact

i listen to mostly hip hop rap and some spanish

and i have an epicenter

RE went in the shitter when US Amps bought them.

good choice in amps, for subs, i'd go with 10's, i know space is going to be an issue, but if they could fit, i'd go the sundown sa-10s. or the IA's.

the big 3 should be enough, with the volt meter as well to keep an eye on voltage drop. an extra battery MIGHT be needed (i doubt it though) but you can really only tell after the fact, but if your truck is the diesel version then you should have two batteries already which is a good advantage.

Edited by mbarber25

good choice in amps, for subs, i'd go with 10's, i know space is going to be an issue, but if they could fit, i'd go the sundown sa-10s. or the IA's.

the big 3 should be enough, with the volt meter as well to keep an eye on voltage drop. an extra battery MIGHT be needed (i doubt it though) but you can really only tell after the fact, but if your truck is the diesel version then you should have two batteries already which is a good advantage.

My truck is not the diesel it is the lariat 10cyl and i only have 5 3/4 of mounting depth should i do them ported or sealed

you won't get any hairtricks with those 10s being sealed ;)

but joking aside, i'd definately go ported.

Edited by mbarber25

you won't get any hairtricks with those 10s being sealed ;)

but joking aside, i'd definately go ported.

oh ok what tuned frequency should i go with if possible i want hairtricks but if not i just want something clean

it's going to be difficult to get hairtricks with that setup, sure, it's a cool goal, but not an important one at all. there's a lot more to be worried about

and based on your choices or product, your setup should sound very clean, it's up to you to install it right so it does :drink40:

Edited by mbarber25

I would go for the SA-8's because you dont have enough room to properly port the 2 10's.

dont they sound alike?And yeah i just thought it would have been cool but just want something to be loud and clean.

And if i port the 2 8's i would have like 1.5 cubes after sub displacement and port dimensions

should i do 1/2 mdf or 3/4

check this out ;)

Damn! They bump but that port is super long does that have something to do with it. Do you know the name of the song that is playing??

Edited by cheese20323

You won't be able to do a hairtrick with that setup. If you want hairtricks get the most cone area that can fit in your truck and a sealed enclosure.

I'd settle with the 2 8's ported at 32 hz, do big 3 upgrade, and call it a day. You shouldnt be disappointed.

Hair tricks? Possibly.. not promising though. All depends on the setup really. Sure you'll be able to move hair a little, but you're not going to be doing a S.M. afro blaster with 2 8's.

Edited by Shag