Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Phoenix Gold "THE ONE"

Apparently Phoenix Gold is coming out with a High Current Amplifier

Performance Auto and Sound - The Girls - The Cars - The Life - Phoenix Gold “THE ONE”

The power supply toroids (plural, because there are 6 of them!) draw energy from seventeen 3300µF 20V capacitors, and supply the output sections’ twenty-four 18800µF 200V caps to create a secondary energy reserve of 43,200uF.
There are two main PCB’s basically divided into the power supply and output sections, and the boards use thick 3 ounce copper for the traces. Daughter boards use surface mounted parts, while the main PCB’s carry low tolerance through-hole components. The power supply uses a total of thirty-six IRF 1405 power MOSFETs, each capable of switching over 70 amps of current. Output devices are excellent Fairchild FDA24N40F’s, and there are no less than thirty-two of them! No wonder this amp is 3 feet long!
it’s because of amplifiers like this that I had to spend 20 grand on an 900 ampere power supply and 16 kilowatt load bank. Maximum power at 1 ohm at 16 volts was a ridiculous 9419 watts! If you do the math, that means the amps output to the speaker load was over 90 amperes, and over 90 volts

I wish they had moved forward on the prior 10k watt monster. I believe a Phorum member owns that prototype currently.

I wish they had moved forward on the prior 10k watt monster. I believe a Phorum member owns that prototype currently.

I guess it's going to be a "limited" line, so, so many will be sold and made. 10k on 16v very nice.

Well I guess we know how high "up" now is.

On the otherhand, can you say 'overkill' ? Like that Kicker Warhorse, unless your into the SPL race,

I think it is just silly, since it obviously was not designed to reproduce music.

Cheers!

Rick

Seems like a nice piece. Quite a buzz of high powered amps lately....

Wheres M5? Its his cue to come in to bash the AMP and the "idiots" who want that much power. Oh and tell us how great he is.

Seems like a nice piece. Quite a buzz of high powered amps lately....

Wheres M5? Its his cue to come in to bash the AMP and the "idiots" who want that much power. Oh and tell us how great he is.

nah i wouldn't say that.