Sign in to follow this  
loondizie52

4th order

Im gonna be getting my 15" custom juggernaut back from PSI soon and i was gonna build a reg ported box 4.5 cu 35 hz first, but i am kinda dabbling with the idea of a 4th order. ive tried looking up some info but so far i just have spent alot of time and still dont know that much about them. any opinions, advice or tips is appreciated. im mostly looking to figure out what the method is on figuring out how many cubes you need inside the sealed area, and how much you need in the ported area and what you port it to, and why you port it at that hz. im planning on building multiple boxes for this sub to figure out what i like best

Edited by loondizie52

A good place to start;

The Subwoofer DIY Page - 4th Order Bandpass Systems

It has links to calculations in the side bar.

General rule of thumb; the more efficient within the passband, the narrower the passband will be. So if you want to increase efficiency of the design, you're going to reduce the bandwidth. The size of each enclosure and tuning frequency will determine the bandwidth (and other aspects) of the enclosure. They are chosen based on design goals.

Make sure you get T/S parameters for the sub you have having built. Without them an enclosure will be impossible to design.

how will a 4th order affect amp settings?

I'm not sure what you mean?

No, it will probably not stay the same since a bandpass enclosure is essentially acoustic filters.