Sign in to follow this  
riryan

How much power should i send

If i wanted to take my 15" BL to the limits of daily use what would be the max power i fed it at 1ohm?

If i wanted to take my 15" BL to the limits of daily use what would be the max power i fed it at 1ohm?

Depends on a lot of factors: box size, the options you choose, your listening levels. Anywhere from 1000-2000rms but too many factors to tell with the lack of information you gave us.

Depends on a lot of factors: box size, the options you choose, your listening levels. Anywhere from 2000-3000rms but too many factors to tell with the lack of information you gave us.

4ft cubed at 33 hz with cooling only. what do you mean by listening levels

Depends on a lot of factors: box size, the options you choose, your listening levels. Anywhere from 2000-3000rms but too many factors to tell with the lack of information you gave us.

He means how loud your volume is, do you listen to your system at full tilt a lot and the like.

He means how loud your volume is, do you listen to your system at full tilt a lot and the like.

as of now since im using my stock stereo i have it cranked high with my bass turned down i use the bass knob to adjust the bass but usually its sitting at like 3/4 full volume

WELL I just so happen to be able to tell you....I have (had) a BL fully loaded on 2K daily of CLEAN power that part is very important. I just blew that BL last week and it poped at about 2.3K for about 4-5 mins non stop...Mechanically the thing is still perfect, the coil gave out on it (to no fault of its own)

Box. 3.5 cubes 65in sq of port tuned to 35htz

So bottom line 2K daily only if you know what you are doing. If you don't have an o scope and cant tell where clipping starts to occur on your amp then be safe and dont exceed 1.5 - 1.7 K on a fully loaded BL

Edit: I just noticed you only have the cooling option so if I were you I would not go over 1.4K

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

Sign in to follow this