BanginGMC

AQ2200d Probs.. no sound from subs

okay, so where to start.. I have a AQ2200 in my GMC S15 ext cab. The other day it was working perfect, i unhooked the amp (while batt disconected) and took it out because i was removing my seats+subs w/box and going to shampoo the seats and where the amp is located i didnt want the seat brackets to bang/hit against the amp. Well i cleaned everything and put everything back in and everything LOOKED like it was working fine but.. there was no sound comming from my speakers... so, i recheck all my wires.. once, twice, and a third time.. i unhooked and hooked the wires to the amp again.. no sound. I switched the + & - speaker wires in different inputs of the amp.. no sound. I took my subs out and every thing was connected as before.. but no sound. I can hear the amp turn on and the subs make a LITTLE like power bust "boomp" when i turn the key (starting the car and i tried only half way so everything is on but motor not running) so.. i stuck my nose by the vent in the amp, no odd smell of burnt material. Now i know what you are thinking "well, he unhooked everything and it was working before hand, so it must be lack of proper install." - BUT.. i know for a fact everything is in its proper location. I've done some research on this topic and didnt find my answer, just a bunch of noob responces. WHAT I HAVENT DONE IS... take my H/U out and check the RCA's/or the little ass wire from H/U to amp. I've checked to see if i sliced any wires taking the seats out with the brackets, but no slices. I have taking my amp out a few times in a couple weeks due to random reasons like.. taking it to an auto shop and dont want them doing anything to it, made an amp rack, etc etc etc.

So to recap on THE OTHER DAY: All wires connected proper, Green power light ON, Sound comming from subs.

So to recap on CURRENT STATUS AFTER RE-INSTALLING: All wires connected proper, Green power light ON, NO Sound comming from subs.

Please help me..

Take a peak at your grounds. I want to chalk this one up to another AQ amp failure, but definitely check your grounds.

I take it there is no protection light on? Try using a different source for a signal to the amp, like an mp3 player. However, do not hook this up through the head unit and then to the amp. Patch it in directly to the RCAs, so you'll need a headphone jack/female RCA adapter if you unplug the RCAs behind the head unit. Or headphone/male RCA and hook straight to the amp.

Ryan - Should i try to switch locations of the ground?? If the ground is bad.. if i switch locations could it make it work again?

KU40- No protection light is on, correct.

Am i understanding you correctly? - Do you want me to hook my amp straight to my iPod? Can you elaborate for me? where would my REM go?

Leave all the wires going to your amp alone except the rca's, take them out and use a pair coming from you mp3 player. Turn the car and radio on like normal, the amp will turn on when the headunit turns on but wont receive a signal from it, so you will control the volume and what song is being played by the mp3 player, basically it is your temporary headunit (look at it that way). Hope this helps

they sell a unit that does both of those things together (aux to rca) something like this i think u can get one at a radioshack or walmart... keep looking

You need something like this HRCA.jpg They're cheap you can get em' at walmart, best buy, etc for not too much buy it and then return it if you really need to. called a RCA to 3.5mm Jack and as for the remote you can just use a little wire to jump from remote to B+

Edited by Julian

Thanks for the replies.

Can someone answer this question for me though..

Should i try to switch locations of the ground?? If the ground is bad.. if i switch locations could it make it work again?

You need something like this HRCA.jpg They're cheap you can get em' at walmart, best buy, etc for not too much buy it and then return it if you really need to. called a RCA to 3.5mm Jack and as for the remote you can just use a little wire to jump from remote to B+

I understood everything you said but that part

Take a peak at your grounds. I want to chalk this one up to another AQ amp failure, but definitely check your grounds.

wow!!! really??? Another AQ amp failure? If you have power, and you didn't do anything to your ground when you took it out, shouldn't be an issue. Check to make sure the master/slave switch didn't get swapped accidentally.

going to check the amp now..

YES it did get switched! the amp was on slave instead of master, will that be the reason for my problem?

Edited by BanginGMC

going to check the amp now..

YES it did get switched! the amp was on slave instead of master, will that be the reason for my problem?

yes

thanks for all of your help guys.. i just hope i didnt turn the switch when i took it out of my truck after it wasnt working.. i'll keep yall posted on how it goes. it'll probably take a couple days though..