tgaddis

Out of the car audio scene for a year

I went to college for a year and havent really been up to date w/ whats new, good, old, and what not. Last time I was here, everyone had a huge RE boner & was bashing ED, dont know if thats still goin on.

Anyway, I currently have 2 Polk GNX 10's sealed in my Explorer, and am looking for something a bit louder. My system will be complete once I get a new sub. Wondering whats good out there. I have 600 watts to work w/, and my price range is 200$ MAX, for a 12" sub. I listen to a lot of rock/rap ranging from Coldplay, Tool, or 2Pac. My subs were sealed, and although they sounded good, Im still debating between ported or sealed.

Personally, I really cant tell a difference between higher end subs. To me, JL sounds great, but its nothin special. To tell you the truth, the bass sounds a little too tight, short, and a bit too aggressive. Maybe I like relaxed subs better, I dont really know. I just want something that blends real well in my car, if it helps I have CDT CL-61's with 100 watts to each speaker. Its hard to describe what I want, maybe u guys can help me out. I can only tell a slight difference when comparing to Alpine, Polk, Infinity... I mean, Im not gonna throw some Pyle subs in there and be happy, but I dont need somethin really pricey, and would rather spend that extra money for a little more spl. There is a certain point for me where sq isnt that noticeable. Im a poor student and need to start saving money before school starts for food/beer/alcohol.

Heard MB Quart was going out of business, and found this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8gN5YI...isplay=MB+Quart

Was looking into the 13 Ov2 and I dont wanna hear people ***** about ED, how much Ben sucks, and complain about them for no legitimate reason unless its related to the actual sound of the driver.

RE SE

Avalanche or wait until the new line comes out whenever that is

I dont know if the above subs are a good fit for my situation or maybe I should get a sub that is geared more towards loudness.

Open for suggestions and would like to hear from you guys... Thanks

Tony

Welcome, and first off, no Boners of any kind on this forum. No hating either. I don't think eD is liked around here, but you never hear about it anyways. We are all about good sound or loud farts, no matter what the equipment. We also have the occasional pissing match, but that's usually due to our gay tendencies.

Any help you need, just ask.

^ LIES ^

Prove me wrong! My Penis IS bigger than your vagina!

^ LIES ^

Prove me wrong! My Penis IS bigger than your vagina!

Try his ass :hay:

He's too young. To the original poster, see what I mean? :P:Doh:

4 replies and they are about boners. nice. This is the nicest board Ive posted on. I got sick of the others cause people are rude, smartasses, and tell everyone to use the search button.

But, back to my question. Any advice on my situation???

4 replies and they are about boners. nice. This is the nicest board Ive posted on. I got sick of the others cause people are rude, smartasses, and tell everyone to use the search button.

But, back to my question. Any advice on my situation???

:D

Hmm, $200 to spend. Well, I'd look for a used Magnum or something of the Soundsplinter variety. A pair of RL-i8s would work very well with that. I don't think anyone on here has any experience with the latest offerings of eD, so. Man, there are really too many to pick from.

I've also seen a lot of the Type-Rs going cheap on Ebay. Great subs!

im only buying new equipment. ive listened to alpine subs before and really liked the sound. does the spl of the alpine compare to the other subs i mentioned?

ill take any advice. if possible, i want to pick everyone's brain as i have been out of the scene for awhile, and want to hear opinions from everyone

Memphis m3

DD 1000 series

IDv3

RE is still good.

If you find somehting in the classifieds here you pretty much have nothing to worry about. Nobody here tries to jerk people around.

We just jerk eachother off.

Yeah, the IDv3s are getting RAVE reviews. I actually spoke to a tech at ID who told me they are better than the current v2 IDQs. They are on the cheap as well. YOu could probably pick up a pair from SD re-coned for $200 easily.

Yeah, the IDv3s are getting RAVE reviews.

1. i heard id's are excellent quality but arent loud.

2. i only want one sub

3. i didnt see them reconed at sd for 200$

4. i need a sub in the 600 watt range plus or minus a couple hundred watts

Id look into something like a 15" SE if your only looking for one sub!

again, only a 12 in. i cant change those certain factors. has to be one sub, has to be 12 in, have to use my 600watt amp

How much space do you have? Type of music?

How much space do you have?  Type of music?

i have an explorer, but i have a tarp that covers my sub so it is not visible from the outside. i have like 12 inches from the ground for the tarp so obviously i cannot fit a 15 in. and i listen to all types of music. a lot of rock, a good amount of rap.

Do you know how much space you have for the sub? Also what kind of amp and at what ohm does it put out 600?

So you want somewhere in the 1.25cuft ish area? Thats pretty standard, and there will be a ton of 12's that fit that spec.

Your going to want a SVC 4ohm or DVC 2ohm sub for that amp.

I wouls say an SE would be good but thats not going to go with your amp.

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=374&1=377&3=3072

that would work.

Let me think about what Id put in my car that would wang a doodle doo.

Il llet you know tomorrow

I havent heard much about that memphis sub and it doesnt look too appealing. I dont know, maybe its a good sub, just havent heard anything about it. i think the mojo would be a better fit but its 350$.

RE will change the coils on their subs for an additional 20$. dont know if one se is loud enough

Ive heard a lot of good things about the rl-p & avalanche