Dan208

Thinking about trying a DCON.

Can someone characterize the sound of these? My PG RSd is pretty "thick" which is why I want to replace it.

Thick as in muddy sound? Check your box tuning and HU settings as well as crossover and bass boost setting if used.

The DCON has a very crisp, tight sound to it along with great lowend. Your enclosure and install will be the main factor in any sub install.

Can someone characterize the sound of these? My PG RSd is pretty "thick" which is why I want to replace it.

hmmm the dcons..............badass? :santa:

Edited by Doctor Q

Thick as in muddy sound? Check your box tuning and HU settings as well as crossover and bass boost setting if used.

The DCON has a very crisp, tight sound to it along with great lowend. Your enclosure and install will be the main factor in any sub install.

Sealed box... ;) I cross it at either at 63 or 80Hz, depending on how I feel on a given day :lol: It's just the nature of the sub...it's a low-end monster. 400 watts is enough to make it too loud for my tastes, if I crank it.

hmmm the dcons..............badass? :santa:

Now I'm thinking about a JBL GTi :peepwall: Those are some badass looking subs from the back due to the voice coil design. The 10" model actually has a 3" coil.