Lifted07Duramax

Have a few questions about my 1200d v2

I set the Hz to roughly 80, but what about this sub sonic eq and the bass eq that goes from 0 - 18db should I mess with these settings at all?

Its 2 12s down fire sealed box incase that matters

I set the Hz to roughly 80, but what about this sub sonic eq and the bass eq that goes from 0 - 18db should I mess with these settings at all?

Dont touch the bass boost and if you have to or are one of those people who dont see nothing wrong with it then make sure you set your gains with the bass boost taken into account. The subsonic filter should be around 5hz or less then tuning of port if you have a ported enclosure.

Dont touch the bass boost and if you have to or are one of those people who dont see nothing wrong with it then make sure you set your gains with the bass boost taken into account. The subsonic filter should be around 5hz or less then tuning of port if you have a ported enclosure.

No its sealed, so does the subsonic filter not matter or should it be at 0?

What would be the difference of putting the Hz from 80 back down to 50hz?

Is 50hz more punchy bass or rumbling type bass?

Bring the subsonic 3-5 Hz below tuning. Leave the bass boost at zero, you didn't say anything about your gain, where did you set that? The LPF should be around 60-70 Hz, I normally don't go higher than that.

That will usually be determined by how low you have your midbass speakers crossed at or what you like, if you dont have any midbass or they only go down to like 100Hz or so then I will set my low pass filter for my sub at 80Hz. If your midbass go lower or you dont like the sound then go lower but I would never go over 80hz.

The gain is set right at 40% Id say, do you guys think theres some room to turn it up some more?

The deck is a pioneer indash dvd 4100 I think is the model number. 2009 model

Ok ill set all the settings to what you guys recommend.

Let me know if you think I can turn the gain up to 50-60%?

That's NOT the correct way to set it. Your almost guaranteed to fry something if you do it like that.

That's NOT the correct way to set it.

Thats what you said in the other thread, help a guy out and clue me in.

Like I said I read the "how to set your gain" thread but not only did it confuse me alittle I dont think Id end up doing it right anyways. Is there a more simple way to figure it out?

Like I said I read the "how to set your gain" thread but not only did it confuse me alittle I dont think Id end up doing it right anyways. Is there a more simple way to figure it out?

Since you don't have a volt meter you can set it my ear temporarily, but try to get a hold of a volt meter and do it ASAP.

Ok so I re read the gain setting again.

So id take 1200w rms for my amp and times it by 1ohm since ill be doing 1ohm mono? They are D4 voice coils

2nd, when I take the volate meter and plug it into the amps speaker outputs do I put them in the bridged locations or just choose L or R outputs and use just one side?

And then I turn the gain up until the voltage read out equals what I come up with from the math you do with amp and ohm load?

Why use a test tone cd? Will the voltage be jumping around while playing? or does it matter what music is on?

Obviously the subs wont be hooked up but my mids and highs will be correct?

Since you don't have a volt meter you can set it my ear temporarily, but try to get a hold of a volt meter and do it ASAP.

Ok will do, but you also said I could fry my subs at 40%? Is that if I turn up my lows and bass boost on the deck? I "usually" have a good ear for when it starts to distort