I know that there is a competition section in the forum, but I figured I might get more views in here...

Mods, if you want to move this I totally understand.

I have been on the USACI midwest site a bunch, and tried to google "WI spl competition" and such, but have had no such luck finding future competitions that I might attend and learn at. I am looking to try my hand at competition in the future, and what better way than to go and check 'em out? Problem is, the only thing I can find is scheduled events for last year and results from other past competitions.

Can anyone help me out with a link or something? I promise I am not being lazy, I just cannot find anything. Perhaps I am using the wrong search words, but if I am, then I guess I don't know what the right ones are lol!

Thanks

Won't be any on the East side of the state. :(

Won't be any on the East side of the state. :(

hmmm, im thinking the exact oposite, last year they were all on that side, like madison and milwauke area. but none closer to minesota, one in the middle of the state but i cant remember where. The guy who runs all the wisconsin db drag shows in on ca.com, but i cant remember his name right now.

Lol, I meant West. I was picturing East for me. Obviously I shouldn't do two things at once. Doh!

Radio Doctor in Madison used to host events...haven't kept up with them for a while. I know they've had "Test n Tune" events the last couple years in...August?

Of course, if anyone wants to have a get-together or just hang out, let me know! :)

Yeah, there is supposed to be one in Baraboo that has been pretty annual for a few years, but I find no info on it or any others anywhere...

My google, my google, why have you forsaken me?

Hey hey hey! I found one in Madison!

2010 "Frost Off" competition

April 11th 10a.m. to 4p.m.

1x dB Drag / Bass Race / Psychlone / USACi / USACi sq

Something about indoor parking, yadda, yadda

Ok, that's all they've got, here is a link to the thread I found it on:

"Frost Off" comp

Wow, SQ even. Going to be sort of cold for that.

It can be pretty cold in April, but it can be pretty warm too... How cold is too cold?

Either way, they were talking about indoor parking, perhaps a partly indoor event? I don't know jack about SQ, and I'm pretty limited SPL knowledge-wise as well... Come to think of it, I'm pretty dang audio retarded, so how cold is too cold for such an event?

Never too cold as it is a challenge for everyone...like another variable is necessary to make it harder in a car. lol

Yeah, there is supposed to be one in Baraboo that has been pretty annual for a few years, but I find no info on it or any others anywhere...

My google, my google, why have you forsaken me?

It must be through Sound & Effects...never heard of them. I only know about a Baraboo shop since I bought an amp from a guy who used to work there, back when they stocked Planet Audio (the good stuff of the Zed variety).

Hey hey hey! I found one in Madison!

2010 "Frost Off" competition

April 11th 10a.m. to 4p.m.

1x dB Drag / Bass Race / Psychlone / USACi / USACi sq

Something about indoor parking, yadda, yadda

Ok, that's all they've got, here is a link to the thread I found it on:

"Frost Off" comp

lol your link got censored ;) Google comes through!

If they have SQ, I'll probably go. SPL is like drag racing...1 thing for a couple seconds ain't my thing (that's what she said :lol: ).

It'll be 50-60 by April ;) Mild winter this year. Hearty Wisconsinites would probably show up at an outdoor event if it was over 30 :D

It'll be 50-60 by April ;) Mild winter this year. Hearty Wisconsinites would probably show up at an outdoor event if it was over 30 :D

Darn tootin'! We are bred for such!

Edited by Don Ganso

It'd be nice if there was a little more closer to MN. I remember various Audio Kings would have shows in the 90's and early 2000's but all the ones I went to were pretty lame. I don't remember enjoying any competition or show since I was a little guy and went to them with my dad.

Edited by shakes

It'd be nice if there was a little more closer to MN. I remember various Audio Kings would have shows in the 90's and early 2000's but all the ones I went to were pretty lame. I don't remember enjoying any competition or show since I was a little guy and went to them with my dad.

I think there is actually one scheduled on the USACI site in MN...

Your dad used to take you? That's cool that audio is in the family. :drink40:

where in mn are you at? im in invergrove heights. trying to set up a team and forum for just mn guys to try to get a good competition/show base started in mn. basically just a place to find out when and where shows are. pm me if interested.

<-- Deephaven

hmmmm, thats just on the other side of the cities from me. we may have to meet up sometime.

That's funny, I live like 5 miles from you.

ooh a competitoin in WI would be pretty cool. (I live in Two Rivers WI.) But I highly doubt that my two little ancient 8" MTX blue thunder subs, in truck boxes, stuffed in the trunk of a '93 geo przm would even be worthy : (

Edited by Life Of Infamy

<-- Deephaven

hmmmm, thats just on the other side of the cities from me. we may have to meet up sometime.

Where abouts? (to both of you)

<-- Deephaven

Where abouts? (to both of you)

Invergrove Heights

The closest I get regularly is not terrible far as I am at the airport weekly... :P

The closest I get regularly is not terrible far as I am at the airport weekly... :P

why are you at the airport weekly? work? i would hate to be on a plane once a week.

So did anyone else come across any local-ish comps?