Sign in to follow this  
dbrown23

Plum Creek Mdf

Anyone ever used plum ceek Mdf to build a box out of? I was thinking of trying some.

Anyone ever used plum ceek Mdf to build a box out of? I was thinking of trying some.

Never heard of it, but it sounds tasty :woot:

Never heard of it, but it sounds tasty :woot:

same here. Do you have any pictures of said wood?

Plum Creek is the manufacturer.

They are on the West Coast.

:+1:

Bought a sheet to test it out, built my enclosure for my nightshade out of it. It worked out good. Definately have to predrill hole for this wood is more subject to splitting than regular mdf. Its a lot slicker, weight is about the same. Only thing I have to get used to is the smell. Smells like you just walked into a freshly built house. Called my wood supplier and asked him what it was used for mainly, and of course he said cabinets and countertops and doors in houses. So that explained that, anyway just as good, if not a little better than the regular mdf. Cutting it is a breeze hardly any dust at all from cutting the board. Price here in Louisiana runs about 28 bucks a sheet though and thats with my wholesale account with my wood supplier.