swc204

amp for 2 15 rl-p's

yes, that is how u bridge an amp...unless it's already a mono block. u need to get us the model number of ur amp as i still don't think it's a two channel amp. i have yet to see a two channel amp that is 2 ohm mono stable. at least rated.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I can name like 5.

*cough* MA Audio A/B class HK amps* cough*

ok.....lol...u get the :+1: cuz u knew that and i didn't...lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

u see the part where it reads "2 ohm stereo stable, 4ohm MONO"

by running it 2 ohm mono, u could have hurt ur amp and hence teh recurring power issues....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well im not exactly an audio veteran. im not even sure if it was 2 ohm mono. tho i did fry 1 amp already on this rl-p. im more than sure the one i have now is installed and wired correctly. i know its my car electrical system. i can check by testing my blinkers. when they blink in long intervals, the battery isnt charging. turn off the bass for about 5 mins, and theyu begin to blink at normal speed once again. Maybe its time to up the big 3.

hey..sorry if i sounded harsh, i wasn't trying to be...

but in any case, when u first had the sub wired, u had both positives together and ran to the amp and then the smae for the negatives, correct? if so, u had a 2 ohm load going to ur amp in bridged mode, which wasn't a good thing.

now u should a positive from one vc and a negative from the other wired together and teh remaining running to the amp, right? if so, u are now showing the amp a 8 ohm mono load. (if u still have the amp bridged)

u could have very well burnt something up inside the amp running at 2 ohm, even if it never showed any other signs of it...and that could be what's still causing the power issue...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i had the positives and negatives of each coil wired to eachother, and from their ran into the amp. postive of left channel, negative or right channel.

"now u should a positive from one vc and a negative from the other wired together and teh remaining running to the amp, right? if so, u are now showing the amp a 8 ohm mono load. (if u still have the amp bridged)"

thats correct. funny, my car died today at work lol =(

heh

I always use a woofer wiring diagram, just to 2x check what i did.

i had the positives and negatives of each coil wired to eachother, and from their ran into the amp. postive of left channel, negative or right channel.

"now u should a positive from one vc and a negative from the other wired together and teh remaining running to the amp, right? if so, u are now showing the amp a 8 ohm mono load. (if u still have the amp bridged)"

thats correct. funny, my car died today at work lol =(

that sucks.....

let us know how it goes!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hey u r right about i wired it to a wrong load mono. but i dont think that was my problem, its a dieing alternator and i had to get another jump today. thew other car almost stalled when we attached the lines!!!

time for new alternator AND battery after that..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yah i currently have my dads redtop in my car, for the past cpl weeks. next pay dayim def getting a 200a alt, but for now i have bills i need to take care of =/