JVOISEL

2 BTL's vs 4 SSD's

Finally decided to put a system in my truck but I can't decide on 2 BTL's or d SSD 18s, either with all options of course. Will be using them in my DD but still looking for the better spl and not as worried about sq. I mostly listen to rap but also listen to every other kind of music too.

They will be going into a Yukon xl so space isn't a problem. Will probably be running off on 2 saz1500d's or maybe just one saz3500d, not sure on that one yet.

Opinions?

Edited by JVOISEL

Finally decided to put a system in my truck but I can't decide on 2 BTL's or d SSD 18s. Will be using them in a DD but still looking for the better spl and not as worried about sq. I mostly listen to rap but also listen to every other kind of music too.

They will be going into a Yukon xl so space isn't a problem. Will probably be running off on 2 saz1500d's or maybe just one saz3500d, not sure on that one yet.

Opinions?

Hard to tell best way to know is by all 6 and do some testing but I would go with the SSD's with the cone advantage but it depends.

Yeah I'm favoring the SSD's too because of more cone area=louder. Guess it all depends on how much they are.. If Fi would ever update, hell it is march 1st :P

My first instinct is to say the SSDs but I wouldnt be suprised at all if it was the BTLs. Its going to be install dependent also.

I will be building the box myself but I'm I don't think that will be a problem as long as I can get some good plans drawn out.

I think I will end up going with the SSD's but I'm not sure, I just love the sound of the BTL's.. Yours sounds great btw.

Edited by JVOISEL

I will be building the box myself but I'm I don't think that will be a problem as long as I can get some good plans drawn out.

I think I will end up going with the SSD's but I'm not sure, I just love the sound of the BTL's.. Yours sounds great btw.

Thank you.

With all the power you plan to use, it should be loud as hell with whatever ones you choose. If you plan on getting stupid loud eventually, then you might as well go for the BTLs now and add more down the line if you feel like it. :shrug:

Just make sure you have the alty and such to back this up. :)

Thank you.

With all the power you plan to use, it should be loud as hell with whatever ones you choose. If you plan on getting stupid loud eventually, then you might as well go for the BTLs now and add more down the line if you feel like it. :shrug:

Just make sure you have the alty and such to back this up. :)

x2, good thinking.

i have bl 18s now, and selling them to get 4 ssd 18s. I asked this awhile back and just decided to do it. And i am running 2 sundown 1500d's too

No one for the BTLs? Surprising !!!

I'd better take a look at these ssd subs ! I never thought they were so loud.peepwall.gif

Cone area is not all that matters. But 2 18" have a LOT of cone area, for sure.