Sign in to follow this  
Danknugs18

BTL stock, BL fully loaded or SSA XCON?

I need some help. I know the btl is most powerful but is the xcon close? whats the difference between the 2? and is the bl fully loaded any competition with the BTL and XCON??

The BTL is an SPL woofer that sounds good for what it is. The XCON is an SQ woofer that can get loud as well. A fully loaded BL isn't going to be as loud as a BTL assuming they're both in ideal enclosures.

Edit: goals, budget, etc would be nice as well.

Edited by Bearlokey13

I believe tommyk90 on ca.com did a test of a bl compared to a 9500 and HDC3 and found that it will hold its own and get quite loud for what it is compared to those.

What are you trying to do ? SPL, """SQL""" ?

""SQL""? no not sq, im going for spl.

If you're going for SPL then the BTL is going to be your best bet. Do you have the electrical to back it up(assuming you're going to run 2000WRMS)?

BTL will be louder than the BL and the xcon. Though i believe since ive owned both the xcon is louder than the BL even in an enclosure built for the BL and not the xcon. Thats matter of oppinion since i never got the chance to meter just one BL or xcon. The xcon does make up for it in the sq field for sure and its probably the best sounding driver ive herd.

If you're going for SPL then the BTL is going to be your best bet. Do you have the electrical to back it up(assuming you're going to run 2000WRMS)?

No.. not yet, i will be upgrading the electrical soon. i already have a new alt but untill i do that i will be running 1200 watts rms..

BTL will be louder than the BL and the xcon. Though i believe since ive owned both the xcon is louder than the BL even in an enclosure built for the BL and not the xcon. Thats matter of oppinion since i never got the chance to meter just one BL or xcon. The xcon does make up for it in the sq field for sure and its probably the best sounding driver ive herd.

So i should just go with the stock btl? or the xcon? there about the same price im pretty sure.. Also i want impressive lows, and im not sure the xcon can hang with the btl in that area you know? I have finished my box already its 4.6 cubes at 33hz so i guess ill base the sub off the box.

So i should just go with the stock btl? or the xcon? there about the same price im pretty sure.. Also i want impressive lows, and im not sure the xcon can hang with the btl in that area you know? I have finished my box already its 4.6 cubes at 33hz so i guess ill base the sub off the box.

The Xcon's can hang with most any woofer in the lowest of low frequencies. But I think the BTL is more what you are looking for.

The Xcon's can hang with most any woofer in the lowest of low frequencies. But I think the BTL is more what you are looking for.

Thanks for the quick reply! yea xcon looks like a really good woofer no doubt not to mention its aesthetically beautiful, i just didnt know too much about it.. I think i will go for the btl with all ive heard it seems great for the price, and im already pretty pleased with my current fi 12s.

Thanks again for all the help, I love this forum it helps so much!

I'm running two 12" XCON's on 3kw and let me tell you that they are in no way lacking in the SPL department, and they sound damn good and damn loud. I haven't ever heard a direct comparison, but I will tell you the output of the XCON's will not disappoint. Send a clean signal to whatever you get and build an optimal enclosure for your vehicle and you will be happy.