Slumpin

having trouble with box for 87 ta

apparently there isnt enough room for a ported enclosure for my 2 rl-p 12's in my 87 trans am. i'm putting them in the well facing straight up, i THINK this will sound the best. thing is i havent built a box in years, and i only helped with a simple sealed box for a trunk, this one will be a lot more complex getting it to fit snug. i've got an elemental designs nine.1 amp, and i think the 12s should be right in their sweet spot with it turned up all the way at 1 ohm, right? they're d4s. i want as much space as possible right, and separate chambers for each 12?

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php...threadid=306257

here is a design for a generic sealed box that was posted over at another forum im on, i think it will be roughly what i need, but its been a while since high school, and for the life of me, i couldnt figure out the cubic feet of that box. could someone help me please? i mostly listen to rap so i want a deep, low bass. thanks a lot,

Shaun

No,no, no

Someone who designs enclosures will be with you shortly

TA's are a pain. If its the same hatch as what Im thinking it is, you might be able to get 2ft^3 out of it. Pics of the hatch would be nice! Just some generic box will not fit in the space I think you have.

you should talk to Steve (ss3079), he has a 89 Camaro IIRC

Plenty for the RL-P

My figures came up with roughly 2.28 before you add in the 8" slant. Your probly looking at 2.4 total. so 1.2 per sub, wich is plenty for the RL-P

Email Mike to see if that is enough for a ported box, Id probly go sealed, I had an '88 camaro and sealed hit nice. The bass gets good travel off the back glass.

-Justin

trusting justin's math...if ur going to have 1.2ft^3 per sub and a nine.1 powering them, ur going to slam. in that car, ur not going to need ported.

now if the 1.2 is before sub displacement (even if it's not to be honest) i'd recommend about 16oz of polyfill per chamber. at least to start. ideally u want about 1.25ft^3 net after sub per rl-p, IME. and the polyfill will help get ya there..in theory..lol..

but u have a potent combo going...ur going to love it in that car...

and steve does have an iroc, but i believe it's a ragtop...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i believe the drops have the same well as hardtops, just under a trunk lid rather than a hatch.