mecca148

1 SSD 18" ported or 2 SSD 18" sealed

which would be better... more like ""SQL"". 1 SSD 18"in a ported box or 2 SSD 18" in a sealed box ? i only have about 6.7 cuft to work with 39in x 16in x 23 in.

which would be better... more like "SQL". 1 SSD 18"in a ported box or 2 SSD 18" in a sealed box ? i only have about 6.7 cuft to work with 39in x 16in x 23 in.

:wavey5:

"SQL" is not a good description, please give a better description of your goals and what your after with this setup.

:Doh:

A ported 18" will suffer in that enclosure. Your going about this the wrong way, don't shove the biggest thing you can in your vehicle, buy whichever woofers would be in an OPTIMAL enclosure.

which would be better... more like """SQL""". 1 SSD 18"in a ported box or 2 SSD 18" in a sealed box ? i only have about 6.7 cuft to work with 39in x 16in x 23 in.

:wavey5:

"""SQL""" is not a good description, please give a better description of your goals and what your after with this setup.

a set up that gets really loud and accurate. im trying to beat my brother system, he has 1 fi-Q 18" in a 7-cuft box @ 28hz 2000 watts 1000 rms.

he plain on getting another one.....??? but any way thats what my goal is, to beat his and still have a quality set up ( hearing notes from 25-80 hz)

i figure i would already have an advantage since i have a smaller car (acura rsx)

A smaller car does not mean louder. Your doing this for all the wrong reasons :(

A smaller car does not mean louder. Your doing this for all the wrong reasons :(

x2, Do it for yourself and not to compete against your brother, the only possible way to beat him would be a wall or get a BTL (but everything is install dependent). Dont get me wrong, its fun to compete but dont try to over do it (do it the right way and you may be surprised.

ughhhh k well...... what do u think i should go with?.... my amp put out 900rms

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_065GT2200/Boston-Acoustics-GT-2200.html?search=Boston+Acoustics+VENDORID065&ssi=0&searchdisplay=Boston+Acoustics&tp=115

i need something that doom harder and go deeper than a dual cvr 12" or a mtx 9500 12" cause im way pass that level

If you want louder than a Q, which is easy because a Q is NOT made for loud, get a BL or BTL and put it in an optimal enclosure.

or get a nightshade...u wont push it to its limits off of 900rms but it will get loud as hell, and it requires a smaller box, run it in 5 cubes after ur port and sub.

k thanx but quick question real quick.... i know it depends on the install too, but are any of these subs streight out better than the fi bl 18"?

3518e DD3500e Series Subwoofers - DDAudio.com | Digital Designs : Speakers Made in the USA

subzero 15" Subzero Subwoofers

rl-p 18 [ SoundSplinter Subwoofers - RL-p 18" Subwoofer Information ]

rl-s 15 [ SoundSplinter Subwoofers - RL-s 15" Subwoofer Information ]

or get a nightshade...u wont push it to its limits off of 900rms but it will get loud as hell, and it requires a smaller box, run it in 5 cubes after ur port and sub.

lolx my brother had that too after he got rid of his cvrs. it was pushing 1000rms.

The 3518 and Subzero woofers aren't similar to the BL. The rL-p is a sound quality driver, again not what you need.

you mean the 15" model?

Ok here is a list of subs manufacturers I would refer you to: Sundown Audio, Incriminator Audio, Mach 5 Audio, Soundsplinter, SSA, Fi Car Audio, Ascendant Audio just to name a few.

There is no way to tell what sub is better than the other unless you can understand T/S Parameters but you need to decide your sub on your goals and which is better (wont help you). Each sub will be better for its intended purpose or a certain application. Choose your subs on you and your goals and that is it.

you mean the 15" model?

No, the 18" model.

you mean the 15" model?

No, the 18" model.

i went to all them websites and i do thin that nightshade 18" is best suited for me... thanx :) i just wish i knew the sensitivity of that speaker

If you need any information on the Nightshade, contact Jacob at sundownz@sundownaudio.com.

And realistically you are going to misread what the sensitivity means anyways. Reading just one of the T/S parameters does not a full story tell.