XTRMEASURES

basket ideas

not in most cases its not necessary... but the ability to put on a more powerful magnet or a customized magnet might catch on sooner or later...

it doesnt really matter i only designed it for designing purposes... i have no intention of actually making woofers

Okay the dual spider magnet idea has been tried by JBL, and while successfull it was much too large to make it a popular or very successfull driver. The replacable mags was done by Lightining Audio AND Volfenhag.

Orion's H2 sub has a thin basket from what I can tell henceofrth the reason for its width as opposed to thickness.

Personally I think a Very thick 3 spoke basket could be very efficent. Could hold up the mag and vent the VC really well. I'd be surprised if it couldn't. Make it like a peace symbol.

Last but not least try using seperators on the magnets for better cooling.

J

i like eveybodys idea's

keep them comming the more we dream the more it might come true...

jamie

i like eveybodys idea's

jamie

Dual 2 ohm coils, and weave the tinsel leads through the spider. Removes tinsel lead snap backs. Also make the edust cap like a fiberglass.

\J

i like eveybodys idea's

jamie

Dual 2 ohm coils, and weave the tinsel leads through the spider. Removes tinsel lead snap backs.

\J

yea that is a no brainer...

Well lade-fucking dah. LOL Not an ass Load of companies (spelling is off I can tell), do that. Its just a suggestion. Sorry if I was rude...........neways, Cone material have we thought of what??? Pressed paper seems to be a good choice. Personally I am thinking a Paper/Kevlar combo would be excelent. Maybe a Byutal Rubber surround???

J

Well lade-fucking dah. LOL Not an ass Load of companies (spelling is off I can tell), do that. Its just a suggestion. Sorry if I was rude...........neways, Cone material have we thought of what??? Pressed paper seems to be a good choice. Personally I am thinking a Paper/Kevlar combo would be excelent. Maybe a Byutal Rubber surround???

J

i like the way you think... :slayer:

jamie