treylittlefield

Box for 10" SSD on 600 watts

hey guys i have a single cab s10..i plan on running a single 10 between the seats inverted. i have came up wit 2.42cft...would 2 4in aero ports be big enough?? the guy i am buying it from said with that little of power i can build a 2.0cft box and gain a lot :) i plan on porting it out the side...would 3 in from the wall be enough room for the port?? my back wall is 52in. and my box is 49x13x6.5x10...also i am goin to use 1/2 MDF..any suggestions??

a box that large will really lower the power handling... sounds like this guy is pushing his box on you... i wouldnt recommend doing this since the gain is output wont be very noticeable as well as unsafe.. try to stick with 3/4" mdf for box construction. although u might be able to get away with 1/2 if you brace the box really well... consider using 3.4 mdf on the front baffle and sides and 1/2 on the back if you must. but like i said, consider other options (maybe fiberglass?)

1.5 max for ported and a single 4" aero is fine. Stay within Fi's specs. It will do you good.