Sign in to follow this  
Terry

12" Loaded BTL amp question.

Hey guys

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section. I just have a quick question. I am ordering a fully loaded BTL 1 Ohm for daily use with some SPL shows. I was thinking of running this bad boy off a HiFonics BXi 2610 Class D mono Block. It says it runs 1 ohm: 2600 watts x 1 chan. I have a HiFonics amp right now and I like it.....but I think its overrated as far as its RMS is, so my question is will this amp in question be OK for the BTL is it too much power for it even if it a little less than 2600 RMS? Should I consider a totally different amp? Thanks a lot guys

:drink40:

Edited by Razzmatazz

Hey guys

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section. I just have a quick question. I am ordering a fully loaded BTL 1 Ohm for daily use with some SPL shows. I was thinking of running this bad boy off a HiFonics BXi 2610 Class D mono Block. It says it runs 1 ohm: 2600 watts x 1 chan. I have a HiFonics amp right now and I like it.....but I think its overrated as far as its RMS is, so my question is will this amp in question be OK for the BTL is it too much power for it even if it a little less than 2600 RMS? Should I consider a totally different amp? Thanks a lot guys

Get a D2 ohm subwoofer so you can wire it a 1 ohm final load:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

That amp will be fine, just set the gains right and no clipping. What size box you plan on doing with this subwoofer, this will also determine the power you can use with it. If you want to consider another amp, what is your budget?

Hey guys

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Hey guys

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

That amp will be fine, just set the gains right and no clipping. What size box you plan on doing with this subwoofer, this will also determine the power you can use with it. If you want to consider another amp, what is your budget?

Thanks for the fast reply

So I should get 2 Ohm subwoofer... OK did not know that ( kinda new to this) I want a ported box and not sure of the size. Its going into a 2002 cavalier trunk I was thinking of just using the specs this site recommends. also looking to spend between 400 and 500$ on the amp

Edited by Razzmatazz

Yeah get a D2 ohm sub and wire how the picture shows you above, get an amp with a 1 ohm load. Go out and measure your trunk and give us the max dimensions (height x width x depth) for an enclosure, making sure to leave room for: amps, extra battery and air flow around box. This will determine what size box you can go with.

Yeah get a D2 ohm sub and wire how the picture shows you above, get an amp with a 1 ohm load. Go out and measure your trunk and give us the max dimensions (height x width x depth) for an enclosure, making sure to leave room for: amps, extra battery and air flow around box. This will determine what size box you can go with.

Alrighty will do....Its raining right now but when it stops I will go get the max dimensions of the trunk. Thanks again.

Not a problem, any other questions feel free to ask. Also what does your electrical look like? You should invest in if you havent already : a second battery, do the Big 3, a voltmeter to watch your voltage.

Not a problem, any other questions feel free to ask. Also what does your electrical look like? You should invest in if you havent already : a second battery, do the Big 3, a voltmeter to watch your voltage.

Thanks Man.

all I have done in terms of electrical is a yellow top battery under hod and the car is wired uped with 4G wire. Planing to do the BIG 3 I knew about that ( this sub is working process) lol

Probably not a bad idea to upgrade that to 1/0 gauge wire along with the big 3, and more than likely another battery.

Probably not a bad idea to upgrade that to 1/0 gauge wire along with the big 3, and more than likely another battery.

For sure dude. Car came with 4G but for sure want 1/0 G to get the most output for this beast lol!

Even if that amp was 2600 watts, it would not be too much for a BTL.

You should see how much it would be to get an Audioque AQ2200D to Canada. . .

Audioque: Amps: AQ2200D

Brian

Cool Idea thanks man I will check it out..

Razz, not sure what type of trunk opening system you have, but if you have the torsion rods like the '00 cavy does, be sure you make the box a little shorter and a little narrower than you're thinking.

I was able to fit a 35" wide-by-20" deep-by-17" high box in a '00 cavy but it took some cutting of the body behind the seat, removal of the torsion bars (so the trunk became fully manual, had to hold it open), and repositioning of the trunk brackets. *this box was for a different, much larger sub*

You shouldn't need a box even half as large, just some dimensional guidelines to go by.

Razz, not sure what type of trunk opening system you have, but if you have the torsion rods like the '00 cavy does, be sure you make the box a little shorter and a little narrower than you're thinking.

I was able to fit a 35" wide-by-20" deep-by-17" high box in a '00 cavy but it took some cutting of the body behind the seat, removal of the torsion bars (so the trunk became fully manual, had to hold it open), and repositioning of the trunk brackets. *this box was for a different, much larger sub*

You shouldn't need a box even half as large, just some dimensional guidelines to go by.

True man thanks great Tip. I am going to measure my trunk tonight post the specs here and get some advice.

Sign in to follow this