Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

2 18 BTL's??

Alright, while i sit here waiting for my order to arrive for (1) 18" BTL D2, i decide to browse craigslist.. I run into another 18" BTL D2 which looks to be in good condition.. $380.. now im really confused. lol. I haven't had the box built maybe i should just go with 2 instead of 1? The current amp i have is a sundown saz1500 .. which would be fine with 1 btl but i dont think its gonna cut it with 2 of them.. so my options IF i decide to buy this sub... buy another saz1500 and run them separately @ 1 ohm each... Strap the 2 1500's together and run them @ 2 ohms together.... I would love to sell my 1500 and buy a saz3500 but that's out of the budget right now. Doing this will put my build off at least a month as im gathering all the needed equipment, i will have to get more wire, another battery (OR 2).. what do you guys think? Keep in mind i have never heard a BTL in my life yet.. There really is no point to this thread except to read what you guys have to say to help me decide what i want to do. I have no goal except to be very very loud, no competitions or anything.. have a friend with 3 15" audiobahns which you could say i want to be louder than lol (he has a stock alt and 1 battery with a 4000watt amp LMAO).. just post whatever you guys think, vehicle is a 97 Tahoe, sure i could fit 2 18's back there.

If that second BTL is in great shape and a great price, and if you have the space and budget for it, go for it. The subs will still play awesome with the amp at 2ohms mono until you get the second amplifier. Or, if you have the electrical system to support it, run the amp at .5 ohm. Heck you might not want a second amp after that.

yea .5 ohm was another thought, ive heard those amps can hang at that low, just knowing the warranty doesnt apply that low makes me wonder, my amp was bought used so warranty is out the door, but if i fry it somehow it will be my own fault. I have a 220a alternator that will be going in and so far just 1 HC2000 Kinetik battery. But will be buying another very soon regardless if i buy this 2nd btl or not. Would 2 battery's be alright you think with 2 sundown 1500's you think or would i have to get a 3rd? Thanks for the response, just informational for me :)

if i was running 2 btl's on a 1500 watt amp it would drive me crazy knowing the subs will take more than double that :trippy: . I will lose sleep at night over that one LMAO. sure it would sound awesome though lol.

You might still lose sleep, since they will EACH take double that! :)

I have run (4) BTL 15's on a single US Amps MD2D and they sounded GREAT. That is only 400 watts per sub.

yea, then i would lose sleep. I dont know what im gonna do, but hopefully the 1st btl gets here soon and i suppose ill start with that. Pics will be here when that happens.

Try the one BTL first, you never know you might be really happy with that set up.

The craigslist deal looks sweet, but if it doesn't look like it is going anywhere fast, then build a box for your 1 18 for now and see how you like it. The BTL's are beasts, and you may find that one is enough! Who knows? That way, if you are satisfied with what you have, you say almost $400 bucks! Then you could go ahead and buy that 3500d for just the one BTL! Who knows? Good luck with the install either way!

Try the one BTL first, you never know you might be really happy with that set up.

Beat me to it! :drink40:

Alright guys, appreciate it :) think im gonna let this one go...Play with the 1 im buying first then if i really like it go buy it new.

Sign in to follow this