Sign in to follow this  
britdevine

SSA DCON 10' D4 on 440-500 watts?

Will be running it off a DLS A7 Sub channel at 2 ohm getting 440-500 watts.

Can the 10 handle this in a 1.2cube ported box?

Probably, but you are going over manufacturers recommendations. Not recommended. Why not just set your gain a little lower? That's what that nice little knob is for.

First welcome to the forum. Second, the specs say 300wrms. I would imagine as long as you set your gains correctly and watch your volume knob you should be fine. Where abouts in NY are you?< Sorry that is off topic.

Jeremy

Like the guys said, welcome to SSA. And to follow up, just set the gain properly and you will be fine. If need be, you can go a little smaller on the box size. The Dcon has been known to surprise people on low power installs.

:)

26k :woot:

I'm only feeding my dcon 10's 200 rms a piece which really gets them moving and they are ridiculousy loud. I honestly have to show alot people what I have in my trunk for them to belive that my system is only two 10's on 400 watts. Just got my amp fixed and new eclipse 5030 head unit installed today and I forgot how loud these lil bastards were (scary to think that they arnt even in the right box yet). Big thanks to denim for recommending eclipse headunits to me, the sound quality is like night and day from my previous ones.

I'm only feeding my dcon 10's 200 rms a piece which really gets them moving and they are ridiculousy loud. I honestly have to show alot people what I have in my trunk for them to belive that my system is only two 10's on 400 watts. Just got my amp fixed and new eclipse 5030 head unit installed today and I forgot how loud these lil bastards were (scary to think that they arnt even in the right box yet). Big thanks to denim for recommending eclipse headunits to me, the sound quality is like night and day from my previous ones.

Glad you found a model you liked. :)

i got 4 running off about 1000rms so 250 a piece. It seems to me like its plenty of power for them to get moving, I don't see a real need for more unless you do comps but if you are careful im sure they could handle it.