the727kid

New Fi Q vs. ID Max v3

I know I know versus threads suck, but whatever lol. I've been out of the game for some time and I am looking for a pair of 12s that can sound just beautiful but get down when I need it to. The ID Maxs are a bit more expensive but they have awesome reviews. The Qs I know can get loud, at least the older ones, and I always read they sound good but what in comparison? I'm looking to use 2kw let me know what you think!

I think you didn't even ask a question. The only one I see is "they sound good but what in comparison?" which only you can answer as you didn't state anything to describe what you are asking.

Lol, guess I failed at that. Let's try this again. How is the Fi Q in terms of loudness and quality compared to the IDMax?

Off Topic, but how do you like the horns you have in your signature?

The IDMAX is a decent driver, but the Fi Q is better in pretty much every way, including performance per dollar. Like said above, please provide more info to help us guide you in the right direction.

Well space is tight, but I do want to go ported. Probably will have to go with 1.7-1.8 cubes at 32hz (want more space and lower tuning, but I can only work with so much). I will be using 2kw. I listen to a lot of rock, but when I am with the boys on the weekend is probably when it will cranked up with rap music. So most of the time they will be turned out and set to be blended in with the front stage, but having the ability to crank out a mid 140 would be awesome too. If you need more info please let me know.

As for the horns, well I haven't had them in the Challenger, I had them in the Caddy, my sig is way out dated. The Caddy was a LOUD set up, 4 7" drivers couldn't keep up with 50 watts to the horns. I honestly never had a chance to blend them in and use them to their true potential. My new set up will utilize their sound quality ability though.

Thanks for the mini review on the horns, that box volume is kinda on the low side for the 12" Q's (go with 1.8ft^3 or bigger).

When I get everything together, I will make sure to put together a real solid review. They will paired with X69s. Not sure of a processor yet.

Yea I know =( going to be pushing it really for any 2 12s ported.

Just FYI, you should probably realize that the Q is new so no one has any experience with it.

I will add one general comment though that the IDMax has never impressed me, in particular at its price point.

How different is the new one from last years?

I may consider 2 15s sealed since that can be done properly without starving the subs.

idmax sounds pretty good had one in 3cb@30hz with aorund 600 watts got pretty loud and sounded good

Haven't heard the new Q but the last model Q>IDMAX v.3, the q gets down and loud, and obviously way cheaper

Haven't heard the new Q but the last model Q>IDMAX v.3, the q gets down and loud, and obviously way cheaper, but it does need a lot of box volume for ported.

Haven't heard the new Q but the last model Q>IDMAX v.3, the q gets down and loud, and obviously way cheaper, but it does need a lot of box volume for ported. The new q is more customizable, like the btl, about all I know though.

Was the three posts with add-ons an accident?

Was the three posts with add-ons an accident?

I would assume he pressed the button more because it wasn't loading.